Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Where are all those turkies that wanted him gone the week after the SB?

They must be rejoicing now that it has happened.
    I am sad to see Ed go

Glad though that Ozzie did not match that deal.

I wish him the best of luck except against us. Ed will always be a Raven to us.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Where are all those turkies that wanted him gone the week after the SB?

They must be rejoicing now that it has happened.
    Gobble gobble

Not rejoicing but glad we didn't overpay

I think this is one of those cases where things work out best for all parties.

Reed gets his big pay day. Houston get a leader. The Ravens get a chance to move on.

No animosity, like in what they did to Urlacher in Chicago.

I'll still be wearing my #20 jersey at the Vault.

Disappointed to lose a true great. Houston clearly saw him as the missing piece to the defensive puzzle and to be fair, how can you blame them? Yes, his tackling is underwhelming, but Texans have a terrific front 7 who will let him stick to coverage for the most part. Frankly, the thought of Reed being underneath a few JJ Watt tipped passes a game terrifies me!

He'll get an outstanding reception at the Bank next year, and he'll deserve every bit of it.

Did have a chuckle when he says he's going to Houston 'unless anything changes'. He's always liked to keep his options open in case anything better comes along at the last minute!

Glad Ozzie didn't overpay, but it's too bad Reed couldn't have played his entire career as a Raven like Ray did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I just wish we knew what is vision is. If it was to get younger, why offer him 4 million--- if it was to get rid of the so called locker room voices-- why try to get Q to take a 2 million pay cut ---why cut Pollard / Why keep Leech etc
    Whatever Ozzie is thinking he's not going to share it. We're all just going to have to be patient as much as that sucks for the fans. I remember Billick saying that Ozzie was one of the smartest people he ever met. He put him up there with Bill Walsh in terms of intellect. That doesn't mean that Ozzie is right this time but these moves are not casually made. There is a plan that he's following.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Whatever Ozzie is thinking he's not going to share it. We're all just going to have to be patient as much as that sucks for the fans. I remember Billick saying that Ozzie was one of the smartest people he ever met. He put him up there with Bill Walsh in terms of intellect. That doesn't mean that Ozzie is right this time but these moves are not casually made. There is a plan that he's following.
    I read a quote that said similar from Marvin Lewis from the owners meeting. In a nutshell they were asking him about Baltimore being gutted and his reply was "Ozzie has a plan".

Blog Entries
    I think it's funny how many people get butt hurt when you say a former great player like reed isn't that good anymore. Father Time always wins. I don't care how good the player was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to read some of the Houston fan forums to gauge their reaction. From what I gauge, they are more excited than we are disappointed. Lots of enthusiasm mixed with some people saying "geez, how old is he? no thanks."

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99269

Blog Entries

I think the Texans will end up regretting signing Reed.

4. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens

2012 Cap Hit: $8.5m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $2.0m
    Value Differential: -$6.5m

The second straight former Defensive Player of the Year on this list (and third in the Top 4 spots), Reed finds himself here for a different reason than Polamalu. Starting every game in 2012, he was tied for fourth among all safeties with four interceptions and added a further seven pass break-ups. Still, his play deteriorated compared with seasons past, with him finishing tied for second at his position with five penalties. His struggles to tackle properly were well documented — Reed ended with 15 misses in the regular season and a further six in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

hell be solid there as long as his health holds out. I hope he plays well and throughout the contract and gets that INT record because we all know hes going into the HoF as a Raven. Good luck to him, and if he did get 6ish a year, it was the right call to let him go but im happy for him. His Jersey now gets framed for the wall with Rays.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the Texans will end up regretting signing Reed.

4. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens

2012 Cap Hit: $8.5m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $2.0m
    Value Differential: -$6.5m

The second straight former Defensive Player of the Year on this list (and third in the Top 4 spots), Reed finds himself here for a different reason than Polamalu. Starting every game in 2012, he was tied for fourth among all safeties with four interceptions and added a further seven pass break-ups. Still, his play deteriorated compared with seasons past, with him finishing tied for second at his position with five penalties. His struggles to tackle properly were well documented — Reed ended with 15 misses in the regular season and a further six in the playoffs.
    Where do you get the performance value info from? That's cool.