Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    This isn't 2015. I'm living in the now. I agree with you though I would have taken Case Keenum's season over Flacco's as well. And that's very telling in this argument because we're talking about CASE KEENUM.
    Are you really living in the now though? Because you're talking about how Diggs would have developed thus far in his career on the one hand, but focusing on what Joe did in 2017 on the other. Seems like you just want to make this about bashing Joe.

As others have pointed out, WRs HAVE done well here with Flacco throwing them the ball. Others haven't, sure. But there's no reason to think Diggs would be another Perriman, instead of at the very least a better version of Chris Moore.

Sorry guys, bums WRs don't suddenly look great because a good QB is throwing to them. If that was the case, why have the Patriots drafted so many WRs who haven't worked out? Why couldn't Chad Johnson cut it with the Pats, but Randy Moss could?

Because you still gotta ball. Either you have the goods, or you don't. And the Pats are smart enough to cut bait when you don't. And they keep signing and drafting guys. Always.

We draft skill talent at WR once every 4 years, then if the dog doesn't hunt, give 3-5 years of time to discover than. Then feel snake bitten.

I think Bellichick would already be done with Perriman with the drops he's had.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Sorry guys, bums WRs don't suddenly look great because a good QB is throwing to them. If that was the case, why have the Patriots drafted so many WRs who haven't worked out? Why couldn't Chad Johnson cut it with the Pats, but Randy Moss could?

Because you still gotta ball. Either you have the goods, or you don't. And the Pats are smart enough to cut bait when you don't. And they keep signing and drafting guys. Always.

We draft skill talent at WR once every 4 years, then if the dog doesn't hunt, give 3-5 years of time to discover than. Then feel snake bitten.

I think Bellichick would already be done with Perriman with the drops he's had.

Blog Entries

Do you honestly think they would have had the same success in Baltimore as they had in Minnesota this year? Be honest with all of us...seriously
    People like you place too much emphasis on the role of the QB and not enough on the offensive scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    Are you really living in the now though? Because you're talking about how Diggs would have developed thus far in his career on the one hand, but focusing on what Joe did in 2017 on the other. Seems like you just want to make this about bashing Joe.

As others have pointed out, WRs HAVE done well here with Flacco throwing them the ball. Others haven't, sure. But there's no reason to think Diggs would be another Perriman, instead of at the very least a better version of Chris Moore.
    My original point is Flacco is not that great of a QB and I believe our young WR's fail to develop because of it. Now he's had success with Mason and Boldin because they were established veterans but even then what did we do with them really?

All I'm saying is maybe the wide receivers we've drafted over the years wouldn't have been "bums" if they would have developed with a more accurate passer capable of overcoming their inexperience early on? I would have loved to see Digs here but maybe he doesn't have the success that he's having now if Flacco is the one throwing him the ball? I think it's a fair point to consider.

Blog Entries

My original point is Flacco is not that great of a QB and I believe our young WR's fail to develop because of it. Now he's had success with Mason and Boldin because they were established veterans but even then what did we do with them really?

All I'm saying is maybe the wide receivers we've drafted over the years wouldn't have been "bums" if they would have developed with a more accurate passer capable of overcoming their inexperience early on? I would have loved to see Digs here but maybe he doesn't have the success that he's having now if Flacco is the one throwing him the ball? I think it's a fair point to consider.
    But you refuse to address the WRs people have noted, which refute your position.

What about Marlon Brown?

He catch any gamewinning passes from another other NFL QB?

Blog Entries

Did Hopkins develop because his QBs were accurate?

My original point is Flacco is not that great of a QB and I believe our young WR's fail to develop because of it. Now he's had success with Mason and Boldin...
    Come on. Perriman’s failure to develop is Joe Flacco’s fault?

I trust you have watched the the games. How many passes have clanked off of Perriman’s hands? We’re not talking acrobatic amazing catches. We are talking balls that hit him *in his hands* and he can’t catch them.

What would a “better” QB do to make Perriman catch those balls and thereby develop him as a WR?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

I trust you have watched the the games. How many passes have clanked off of Perriman’s hands? We’re not talking acrobatic amazing catches. We are talking balls that hit him *in his hands* and he can’t catch them.

What would a “better” QB do to make Perriman catch those balls and thereby develop him as a WR?
    The amount of reaching for Flacco bashing is just brutal.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    People like you place too much emphasis on the role of the QB and not enough on the offensive scheme.
    There's 32 different schemes ever year but only about 10 effective passing attacks. If you don't have an effective QB running your scheme it can only take you so far.

Our offensive scheme orchestrated a top 11 rushing offense. It orchestrated a top 10 offensive line. Our RB was 11th in yards this season with only 12 starts. Our TE was 8th in yards amongst all other active TEs. Our #1 wr was coming off 1,000+ yd season in 2016. However, the passing offense ranked 29th. Not coincidentally Joe Flacco ranked 36th in QB rating.

Everyone wonders why we suck on offense year after year. Don't think it's a secret anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Don't you know perriman would have caught more accurate passes from someone not named Flacco?

I mean, ignore the fact that we've all seen perfectly accurate passes dropped by perriman.

But, you know, those passes, even if they already accurate, really weren't, as they were inherently less accurate than any other Qb, simply because they were thrown by Flacco.

Hence it's Flacco's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Don't you know perriman would have caught more accurate passes from someone not named Flacco?

I mean, ignore the fact that we've all seen perfectly accurate passes dropped by perriman.

But, you know, those passes, even if they already accurate, really weren't, as they were inherently less accurate than any other Qb, simply because they were thrown by Flacco.

Hence it's Flacco's fault.
    Apparently on the one slant Flacco threw the ball too hard. I mean I thought that didn't make sense, but the dude that did it played semi pro IN EUROPE so clearly he knows.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB