Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: James Hurst Trend

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Dude, you can act like you are more knowledgeable or smarter than every other poster on this board but the only one padding you on the back is yourself.

Nothing is funnier than a message board member boasting how they are the smartest person in the room ( when your in the same room as the rest of us). Flat out hilarious.

Cant speak for anyone else but I don't care what you think. You have no idea if I dissect every game play by play, or even watch the game for that matter because your nothing more than a fan on a message board.

Same with me! But nice job thumping your chest on a Thursday before watching the soon to be sh** show later today
    Not smarter than, just willing to look at the information presented before me and acknowledge that Hurst isn't nearly as bad as folks want him to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Hurst isn't nearly as bad as folks want him to be.
    ive been saying this for awhile. Why do people want him to be bad? so much so that they choose to see an altered reality. Even if you dont think hes playing as good as Ken says he is, hes still not playing awful.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    ive been saying this for awhile. Why do people want him to be bad? so much so that they choose to see an altered reality. Even if you dont think hes playing as good as Ken says he is, hes still not playing awful.
    It's mind boggling. Actively routing against a player on your favorite team. That has to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    It's mind boggling. Actively routing against a player on your favorite team. That has to be miserable.
    The guy sucks

Let me guess you still have hope for Perriman and Williams right? LOL

I love my team, but when we have a player who is terrible I don't wear purple glasses and refuse to admit such

Nothing is funnier than a message board member boasting how they are the smartest person in the room ( when your in the same room as the rest of us). Flat out hilarious.
    Which is exactly what you're doing when you casually brush off the opinion of someone who has scouted literally every single snap of every Ravens lineman for more than a decade.

You keep saying "he still sucks" but haven't provided any actual scouting to support it. Please provide said analysis with as much explicit detail pertaining to the last four weeks as possible. Including GIFs or video clips to accomodate would also be helpful. Thanks.

The guy sucks

Let me guess you still have hope for Perriman and Williams right? LOL

I love my team, but when we have a player who is terrible I don't wear purple glasses and refuse to admit such
    Until they're no longer a Raven, I root for every player to succeed and will gladly eat crow when their play exceeds expectations. Crazy idea, I know.

Also, I see we're at the "purple glasses" portion of the argument. Good times.

*Insert comment explaining the difference between fact and opinion* #Evidence

Man I wish Perriman and Williams could do positive things on the field.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Perriman had a pretty solid 2nd year. 30/500 isnt bad numbers for essentially a rookie.

nobody is having a good year this year. so was last year an abberation or this year. Wallace was a 1k receiver. Maclin is struggling at a role that SR put up 800 yards in (injured), despite being a more explosive younger version. Pitta had a strong season at TE despite basically falling down after every catch.

I dont think these guys just forgot how to play, but theres clearly some issues. Ive said I think the OL has been overrated because every critical 3rd down, somebody seems to be failing. It may make for an overall good day to have 2-3 mistakes. but if everybody is having 2-3 mistakes on every single 3rd down thats important, its going to crush your percentage and your offense. I believe thats what were seeing, sure seems like it when i watch at least.

I think Hurst falls under this. He plays well most of the game, as good or better than most of the OL, so hes grading well, but that doesnt mean his errors dont line up with those big 3rd downs. I think elumenors and Howards do to (lesser extent Stanley and Jensen for that matter), and unfortunately they're usually not making their mistakes all at the same time. I know Lumi was a project but i cannot wait for Skura to get back into the lineup, and i think thats saying something.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Perriman had a pretty solid 2nd year. 30/500 isnt bad numbers for essentially a rookie.

nobody is having a good year this year. so was last year an abberation or this year. Wallace was a 1k receiver. Maclin is struggling at a role that SR put up 800 yards in (injured), despite being a more explosive younger version. Pitta had a strong season at TE despite basically falling down after every catch.

I dont think these guys just forgot how to play, but theres clearly some issues. Ive said I think the OL has been overrated because every critical 3rd down, somebody seems to be failing. It may make for an overall good day to have 2-3 mistakes. but if everybody is having 2-3 mistakes on every single 3rd down thats important, its going to crush your percentage and your offense. I believe thats what were seeing, sure seems like it when i watch at least.

I think Hurst falls under this. He plays well most of the game, as good or better than most of the OL, so hes grading well, but that doesnt mean his errors dont line up with those big 3rd downs. I think elumenors and Howards do to (lesser extent Stanley and Jensen for that matter), and unfortunately they're usually not making their mistakes all at the same time. I know Lumi was a project but i cannot wait for Skura to get back into the lineup, and i think thats saying something.
    Hurst has improved. And is.playing above his draft selection.

Perriman is an abject failure... he hasn't lived up to a 4th round fullback production let alone a round 1 franchise wr

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    At this point if I was the GM I'd be inclined to keep him (at reasonable cost) if for no other reason than he's been pretty much the only lineman they've had on the roster the last four years that hasn't dealt with some type of injury. With the rate this team gets hurt that's a good quality to have. Of course, what would probably happen is they'd sign him and he'd blow out his knee in OTAs just because.
    I agree. I put it at a 70 percent chance we draft a lineman in the first round. He'd be very good depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Hurst has improved. And is.playing above his draft selection.
    Hurst was signed in 2014 as an UDFA. IIRC he was pretty well thought of, but no team spent a draft choice on him. He has improved some, but after three years IMO he hasn't developed into a starter anywhere on the Oline. I think he's a decent back-up, but if he leaves in 2018 I won't shed a tear... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hurst was signed in 2014 as an UDFA. IIRC he was pretty well thought of, but no team spent a draft choice on him. He has improved some, but after three years IMO he hasn't developed into a starter anywhere on the Oline. I think he's a decent back-up, but if he leaves in 2018 I won't shed a tear... Bc
    Imo he has played well enough this season to be a starter at guard somewhere next season