Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

State of the RAVENS address

Only thing I can say is 2 things.

1. CAM is HORRIBLE.

2. John WTF? going to 4th down and the kicking the FG?!?!?!? What would have happened if it was a bad snap on 4th???
    Kick the damn thing on 2nd down!!!! What if it would have been a BAD snap on the attempt!!!!!

WOW WOW........FKINGWOW!!!

We moved the ball back at least 4 to 6 yards. Not sure what it was because I could careless we won, BUT kicking it on 4Th when we should have made sure if it was a bad snap we at least have a chance to kick again!!!!!!!!! W O W

Plus clock control in the last 2 mins?????? REALLY!!!

A win is a win. But DAMN that was THE FUGLIEST WIN of the year!!! Maybe of the Ravens HISTORY!!!

FYI. JH looked pissed the last 3 mins of the 4th QTR and then even worse in OT. Hope he gets his BALL kicking BOOTS on!

CAM...... LMFAO you still suck!!! Thank you Ray Rice and Joe. Q that BLOCK was Whines Hard MVP!!!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Re: State of the RAVENS address

They were maximizing the clock at the end - forcing SD to use all their TOs and running down the clock to minimize the amount left in case of a miss. They were assuring themselves of at least a tie. It was conservative, but I thought basically it was smart.

Blog Entries

Are you serious? That was not even damn close to being one of the ugliest win in franchise history. The chiefs, both browns games, and steelers game were all much, much uglier. The Ravens faced so much adversity, on the road, but they overcame it. It was an amazing win.

Blog Entries

Uhhh, another fail ass thread.

This isn't even close to being an ugly win, let alone one of the most ugliest wins in Ravens history (there are a lot of them too). The KC or the Cowboys games were pretty damn ugly.

If anything, I thought this was the best win we've had since Pittsburgh last year, coming from behind and winning in the way we did. Flacco finished with a good stat line, Rice had a huge day, so did Pitta and Torrey as well as Boldin coming in for some key blocks.

Defense played lights out and really were the secret in this win, forcing tons of 3 and outs on the west coast against a dangerous QB. Yes the play calling was bad at times, some decisions were poor, but hey, if we converted on 4th down, Harbaugh would be looking a lot better in that situation.

Frankly, while dissing Cam is very warranted at times, it seems that you go crazy over every single damn play call he makes, it's like you see everything the opposite way to Cam, even when it's a good play. You need to enjoy this win, because winning on the west coast is TOUGH, just like not many west coast teams can win on the east coast.

This is the worst thread since the 8-8 doomsday thread. 9 and fucking 2, chill the fuck out bro, what more do you want?

The Ravens outplayed them in overtime, but that 4th and 29 was blind luck. The game really should have been over right there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    The Ravens outplayed them in overtime, but that 4th and 29 was blind luck. The game really should have been over right there.
    So your gonna tell Ray Rice that what he did for us was just luck? Not any average Joe could have done what he did there. Besides, that holding call on Yanda was complete BS, we deserved to convert IMO.

Besides... should we really be apologising? We should have been 8-1 coming into this game if it wasn't for some BS call on Jacoby when we played Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    They were maximizing the clock at the end - forcing SD to use all their TOs and running down the clock to minimize the amount left in case of a miss. They were assuring themselves of at least a tie. It was conservative, but I thought basically it was smart.
    I thought it was smart, a tie would have kept the Ravens in the 2nd seed and screwed the Steelers in a TB scenario, a tie was almost as good as a win in this case. But losing 5 yards I didnt like, Flacco could have dived under the center to not lose yards.

Here is my state of the Ravens....they are 9-2

Have they been lucky at times....yes. Sometimes lucky can be better than good. Every championship team I can think of has had some luck to help them along the way at key times.

The defense is improving. With Suggs back and playing at a level that while not his defensive MVP level of last year, certainly demands you pay close attention to him. This is starting to open up opportunities for guys like Kruger, Jones, Ngata, Upshaw to make plays and create more consistent pressure.

Cam blows. It took close to 7 quarters for him to essentially throw his hands up in the air and finally try running some slants, quick shots over the middle, screens and routes that were not being jumped constantly. It should not take that long to make that adjustment IMO. Essentially as soon as we stopped run Cam like plays our offense stopped getting Cam like results and become productive again. Cam just does not get it, its about putting the ball into your playmakers hands as many ways as you can, cause thats what they do.....make plays. Whatever it takes find ways. Yes spread the ball around but never forget who brings home the bacon.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Yes it was ugly... But why in the hell did they kick it on 4th down in OT????? After 1st down to put it where Turcker wants it. Then run 2 more plays. Then kick it on 4th down. Kick the damn thing on 2nd down or 3rd. What do you do if it was a bad snap is my WHOLE point. Plus having to get 29 yards for a first down COM ON man Really Wow. That game was UGLY!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Yes it was ugly... But why in the hell did they kick it on 4th down in OT????? After 1st down to put it where Turcker wants it. Then run 2 more plays. Then kick it on 4th down. Kick the damn thing on 2nd down or 3rd. What do you do if it was a bad snap is my WHOLE point. Plus having to get 29 yards for a first down COM ON man Really Wow. That game was UGLY!!!
    Personally I was ok with it in that instance. Taking the time off meant that it was less likely that SD would have enough time to mount a game winner if they missed the kick.

There is some risk by kicking on 4th down but IMO that risk is offset by the fact you increase the odds that the worst you end up with is a tie.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

This is all kinds of fail.

First of all kicking it on 4th down Harbs showed confidence in not only Tucker, but that the snap and hold would be good. BUT just in case of a miss, taking a knee on 1st, 2nd and 3rd forced SD to burn its TOs and leave as little time on the clock as possible. It actually was very smart clock management and having faith in Tucker.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

They didn't need to take knees to force the time outs. Instead of losing yards, why not simply run the ball forward three times?

Yes, it may have shown faith in Tucker but it showed poor situational awareness.

Harbs also left a timeout on the board before the half.

The OP is a little over the top but there were some coaching issues that I wish did not happen and that may have burned us.