Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    If the passing offense is easier than it was in the early 2000's, then why is Cam's offense still producing the same numbers? Wouldnt it make sense that his offense would get better as the league became more passer-friendly?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Cam's QB's - Statistical Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If the passing offense is easier than it was in the early 2000's, then why is Cam's offense still producing the same numbers? Wouldnt it make sense that his offense would get better as the league became more passer-friendly?

Because Flacco is not as good as brees or rivers?

Blog Entries

We are talking about how much easier it is to pass today and how much the league has evolved, as if Cameron's offensive scheme and philosophy has evolved with it. It has not, which is the main issue we have with him. The league has passed him by.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We are talking about how much easier it is to pass today and how much the league has evolved, as if Cameron's offensive scheme and philosophy has evolved with it. It has not, which is the main issue we have with him. The league has passed him by.
    :word

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Does anyone know the status of Cam's contract? Not sure why it's so hard to find but someone on here should have info

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Does anyone know the status of Cam's contract? Not sure why it's so hard to find but someone on here should have info
    I would like to go with TERMINATED.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I would like to go with TERMINATED.
    remember last year when all the headlines said he won't be back. Then they brought him back and even HE said he was surprised? What kind of deal did they agree on? Can't find this info anywhere and it could shed a lot of light on the future

Comparing numbers from 10 years ago definitely requires some adjustment for the league-wide explosion of passing stats. You can easily see this when you compare rankings vs. the raw numbers. You also can somewhat notice it by looking at the "AV" stat from PFR, which essentially is a measure of the player vs. his peers at that time.

The problem with these kinds of comparisons is that there is no way to isolate particular contributions across time, teammates, circumstances. When you see that Brees explodes with N.O after leaving Cameron, there are several possible contributing factors and no way to determine how much each one is responsible for the difference in production. Dome, division, teammates, Brees improves with experience, Payton as OC, etc. Even the Payton factor is something where one has to decide whether it is a case of Payton is good and Cameron is average or rather Payton is awesome and Cameron is good, etc. All we can say is that Payton did more and is better, but that relative comparison does nothing to determine the absolute levels of quality.

But count me in the group that thinks Cameron's offensive philosophy is one that is being made obsolete and ineffective as the league changes.

remember last year when all the headlines said he won't be back. Then they brought him back and even HE said he was surprised? What kind of deal did they agree on? Can't find this info anywhere and it could shed a lot of light on the future
    Yeah, eveything after Jan 28th shows nothing. Try looking thru tweets from the ESPN heads may find it there. But I dont wanna throw up in my mouth when I see something stupid like, 3 years for 2 mil.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

I don't think you'll find 3 yrs 2M. He gets 2M per year, or at least that what he was paid last year

Blog Entries
    IIRC it was just a one year deal.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.