Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ravens road woes on offense should be blamed on Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good point Sting. Def didnt think about it like that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I am not sure about 8-9 seconds, but certainly a few seconds. How much longer does it take to run a draw from shotgun then wait to get sacked in shotgun; in both cases the ball carrier has to be tackled.

Of course we could have run towards the sideline for even more time killed, or even pitched it to the RB who ran around in the backfield.

I don't think it makes any sense to reduce your chances of getting a first down and ending the game to zero (essentially a delayed kneel down) just to burn a few extra seconds off the clock (designed sack vs. actual run that could lead to a first).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I am not sure about 8-9 seconds, but certainly a few seconds. How much longer does it take to run a draw from shotgun then wait to get sacked in shotgun; in both cases the ball carrier has to be tackled.

Of course we could have run towards the sideline for even more time killed, or even pitched it to the RB who ran around in the backfield.

I don't think it makes any sense to reduce your chances of getting a first down and ending the game to zero (essentially a delayed kneel down) just to burn a few extra seconds off the clock (designed sack vs. actual run that could lead to a first).
    Because people are apologists, plain and simple. What you said makes 100% football sense in every sense of the word. WWPD - What would Parcells do? Ask yourself that. In that given situation, he would have done as you described.

Any other attempt is foolish; to defend it simply reeks of purple shades.

I agree with the OP and I don't understand how Tony's point has been so widely confused here.
    The discussion deserve a better thread IMO...one that is devoid of sarcasm and speculation.
    Still, I'm looking forward to the comments after the SD game today

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The ROAD WOES is way exaggerated. They are 3-2 and should be 4-1 if not for A BOGUS PI call On Jocoby Jones. Old saying is play .500 on the road and clean up at home. If they beat SD on Sunday they go 4-2 with 2 game remaining @WASH and @Cincy. They do seem to play more conservative on the road, not to turn it over IMO. This might be due to basically 2 rookies on the oline. They seem to try NOT to lose on the road more than at home. If it was for a horrible officials call @philly this thread wouldnt exist.
    Hmmmm

Tony said:

"The blame isn’t all on Flacco. Cam Cameron AND John Harbaugh must accept some of the blame as well. Some might argue, and count me among them, that the coaches are more to blame than Joe.

The finger pointing often starts with Cameron. But hasn’t this gone on long enough? If it’s obvious to you and to me that the play calling is obsolete, at some point isn’t this on Harbaugh? If Cameron’s game planning is all on him and you see that your offense can’t get out of its own way on the road, wouldn’t a good head coach want to know what is going on?"

Great observation.

When I see an idiot at work (they're everywhere), I don't blame the idiot -- I blame the manager(s) who hired him.

IF Cam really is the main problem, then Harbs is more aware of that fact than we are. And IF Harbs agrees with most of us, then Harbs is the cause of the problem.

Options:
    Cam is doing what Harbs wants him to do. Then Harbs is responsible for this uneven offensive performance.
    Cam is NOT doing what Harbs wants him to do. Then Harbs is too weak to get him in line (?)