Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ravens road woes on offense should be blamed on Harbaugh

During his annual visit to the Ravens Rap in Ocean City, Maryland I asked Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti what the organization has done differently since the arrival of John Harbaugh that has kept the window of opportunity open for the club with a league leading four consecutive playoff appearances.

Is it the coaching? The personnel? The front office? All of the above?

Bisciotti’s answer: “Joe Flacco.”

Here’s more on Bisciotti’s response.

Yet more than half way through his fifth season the Ravens still don’t know what they have with Joe Flacco.

Is he the kind of quarterback that can carry a team into the Super Bowl?

No!

If you want evidence, just look at the game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh last Sunday when facing a third and 2 with two minutes to play the Ravens asked Flacco to play it safe and only throw if there was a 100% chance of success – otherwise take the sack.

Despite having a wide-open Ed Dickson standing alone in the middle of the field for an easy first down, Flacco, perhaps driven by fear of failure, took the sack to keep the clock moving.
    He played it safe.

Would Messrs. Brady, Manning, Manning, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers or Roethlisberger play it safe? Would Messrs. Ryan, Dalton, Luck, Griffin, Palmer, Cutler, Stafford or Bradford even play it safe?

The call was about playing afraid – playing not to lose.

This is what you want from your franchise quarterback?

Isn’t this the kind of play calling you might expect for a rookie quarterback?

Continue reading HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens road woes on offense should be blamed on Harbaugh

The gameplan worked, we won the game, Flacco made the right decision there as the score board ended as 13-10 and has given us a two game lead on the AFCN. I also find it hard to believe that most of those QB's you mentioned would have thrown it there, I mean Andy Dalton... Philip Rivers?? lol.

Blog Entries

Oh my ****ing god, even Ravens fans don't like Flacco. For gods sake he's been to the playoffs every year!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    Oh my ****ing god, even Ravens fans don't like Flacco. For gods sake he's been to the playoffs every year!
    Yes but Steeler fans don't like Tomlin lol?

Ravens fans love Flacco, unless they are trying to drum up hits to their website.

Dickson can never be counted on as a "100%" completion. He's the least reliable receiver on this team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yes but Steeler fans don't like Tomlin lol?
    Only the dumb ones who really don't have any teeth and hopped on the bandwagon after '09. *Cough*BungleStainRatbirdKilla*Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by phacts View Post
    Ravens fans love Flacco, unless they are trying to drum up hits to their website.

Dickson can never be counted on as a "100%" completion. He's the least reliable receiver on this team.
    I agree. I don't think you want to do anything that could possibly stop the clock. The Ravens obviously Had a conservative gameplan to force Lefty to beat them. That gameplan didn't change in the waning minutes.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Web your told to play safe, you play safe. If he wasn't told that extra bit of info, he makes that throw I that situation every time.

That's a joke claim you've just made. Lost a bit of respect in my eyes with it

Blog Entries

I honestly don't understand how you can complain with what Flacco did though. The conservative call would actually be trying to run it. We won the damn game!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Web your told to play safe, you play safe. If he wasn't told that extra bit of info, he makes that throw I that situation every time.

That's a joke claim you've just made. Lost a bit of respect in my eyes with it
    "Joke claim?" No, just an opinion. I thought that's what forums are for...exchanging them.

We'll see how far playing not to lose takes the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by phacts View Post

Going forward we'll try and post content that no one reads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    "Joke claim?" No, just an opinion. I thought that's what forums are for...exchanging them.

We'll see how far playing not to lose takes the Ravens.
    Don't understand all this "play not to lose" thing, we have won our last 3 vs the Steelers, and in many of those games we were not playing to lose.