Blog Entries

Tools for victory

This was a great break down by Matt Millen on the NFLN. I am interested to see what Pees is doing with this defense lately, we're starting to see some more creative and complex blitzes instead of just rushing 7 men straight ahead making it easy to pick up. I guess the move up to the box has helped.

I liked the way Upshaw dropped back into coverage the way an ILB would.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...6-8c0e7eeb71e4
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-25-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Correction on name

Blog Entries

Re: Tools for victory

Nice video but I have a gripe. John has been around long enough and accomplished enough, that he has earned the right for people to stop calling him Jim.

I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think Jim Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and the 49ers.

Rant Over.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This was a great break down by Matt Miller on the NFLN. I am interested to see what Pees is doing with this defense lately, we're starting to see some more creative and complex blitzes instead of just rushing 7 men straight ahead making it easy to pick up. I guess the move up to the box has helped.

I liked the way Upshaw dropped back into coverage the way an ILB would.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...6-8c0e7eeb71e4
    I remember one play in that game that Upshaw was covering a receiver 30 yards down the field on the sideline... and he didn't commit PI while preventing a completion. I was seriously impressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nice video but I have a gripe. John has been around long enough and accomplished enough, that he has earned the right for people to stop calling him Jim.

I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think Jim Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and the 49ers.

Rant Over.
    Yeah I'm really getting tired of that too.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I remember one play in that game that Upshaw was covering a receiver 30 yards down the field on the sideline... and he didn't commit PI while preventing a completion. I was seriously impressed...
    Ah yes...this was the play I was trying to recall when I read the OP a few hours ago. Thanks!
    I can't wait to see Upshaw in 2013 with a full and productive off-season under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Rant Over.
    Thank you! This pisses me off, too.