Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Harbaugh tried to get him to understand that he had to take better care of his body of this would happen. Gaither didn't listen. In the end, to everyone's dismay, Gaither still got what he wanted. Harbaugh tried everything. He tried talking to him behind the scenes. That didn't work. He called him out in public. That worked for, what, a week of OTAs? He switched the two tackles when he showed up out of shape at mini-camp. That didn't work.
    Agreed, though I don't think much of any of that is the proper way to motivate someone like Jared. Most of that PROVED to be very demotivating, as most should have expected. The "switch" did percisely what I expected, which was to take away any internal motivation Gaither had(that little tiny sliver) and make him want to play for any team BUT Baltimore. Ithought it was plain as day that is what would happen, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Fixed it for you.

And if its "very easy to diagnose" why have two teams now signed him since he left Bmore? Are they both incompetent that they could not diagnose his alleged back problems?

And can you stop with the hater nonsense? Just because we have differing opinions doesn't mean we hate him. I can give two shits about Gaither.
    please don't change my words and claim it's my quote. I'd report you to the mods, but.....

Oaklands Doctors saw it too, and now San Diego's as well. Those aren't his doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    please don't change my words and claim it's my quote. I'd report you to the mods, but.....

Oaklands Doctors saw it too, and now San Diego's as well. Those aren't his doctors.
    Relax. The "fixed it for you" meme is a common use of message board sarcasm, one I am fairly certain you've used as well.

I think you need to take a step back if this debate is bothering you that much.

Back on point, got a link that says those teams doctors diagnosed him similar to his doctors? I'd love to see it and would be willing to eat my words.

Blog Entries

So, why hasn't Gaither been motivated to play for any other team?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Relax. The "fixed it for you" meme is a common use of message board sarcasm, one I am fairly certain you've used as well.

I think you need to take a step back if this debate is bothering you that much.

Back on point, got a link that says those teams doctors diagnosed him similar to his doctors? I'd love to see it and would be willing to eat my words.
    i get it... and i do it, but not usually to specifically chang someone's words to somehtign they would not agree with.
    He failed a physical in Oakland, and is on IR, i thought it was fairly self explanatory. Being that my little research led me to the fac tthat he is on IR with a GROIN injury, I stopped looking The groin is certainly connected to the back, but is absolutely a different part of the body.

I really can't remember what that primetime game was this year where he lost the game on the final snap... I was flipping back and forth between that and the O's game, I think vs NY but it may have been vs Texas, the wild card game. Regardless, anyone that saw that play could see that he was VERY CLEARLY injured. It was eearily similar to the famed Joey Porter pushing Todd Heap at the LOS play. He was in that much obvious pain. Unsurprisingly to some, prior to that second to last snap, that was the best game of football I have seen out of a LT in a few years. He was COMPLETELY dominating whomever they put near him in both the run and pass games.

So, why hasn't Gaither been motivated to play for any other team?
    frankly, becuase his head is shoved far up his own arse...

and he's been injured.

I'm done saying it was a bad move that we moved on from him, I've walked back in that regard. I still think that anyone wlling to motivate different people in different ways would have done a better job motivating HIM then "my way or the highway" Harbs, but Harbs way has worked very well, and I can't argue with that, Except in the LONE instance of Gaither, whom it seems wasn't worthy of special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    If he had any commitment in him at all, he would still be here. He and Joe would be growing together, ala Unitas and Parker. What a tragedy and waste of talent.

Please don't compare that piece of crap with Unitas and Parker. They played for the love of the game. Gaither for GREED! He finally got his big pay day and is now laying on the beach with a big smile. Thankfully Ozzie suspected that, I am sure.

Blog Entries
    I think jonboy is actually gaither posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think jonboy is actually gaither posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    because Gaither would call himself a Lazy POS with his head up his own arse? ok, wow.

Blog Entries

frankly, becuase his head is shoved far up his own arse...

and he's been injured.

I'm done saying it was a bad move that we moved on from him, I've walked back in that regard. I still think that anyone wlling to motivate different people in different ways would have done a better job motivating HIM then "my way or the highway" Harbs, but Harbs way has worked very well, and I can't argue with that, Except in the LONE instance of Gaither, whom it seems wasn't worthy of special treatment.
    How would you have motivated Gaither, or tried to?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

i get it... and i do it, but not usually to specifically chang someone's words to somehtign they would not agree with.
    He failed a physical in Oakland, and is on IR, i thought it was fairly self explanatory. Being that my little research led me to the fac tthat he is on IR with a GROIN injury, I stopped looking The groin is certainly connected to the back, but is absolutely a different part of the body.
    He failed a conditioning test in Oakland. He was not diagnosed by ANY team doctor about a back issue, which was what is asking for.

How would you have motivated Gaither, or tried to?
    Me? Lot sof little milestones. Public acknowledgement of meeting those milestones.
    You want him to come in the offseason for OPTIONAL workouts? The physical handing out of $100 bills for coming to each workout would likely have worked. He seems like he would be motivated by days off. IF he gets to certain weight/strength milestones give him a day off. Sometimes for these types of people it's even more motivating to see SOMEONE ELSE get the "bonus" for meeting a milestone you should have. Let's say Cheeseburger got down to a certain weight, and got a nice public congratulations and a day off, that might be as motivating as Gaither doing the same. Persona;lly, I don't know him well enough to know for sure, but it seems that public acknowledgement of succes would go a long way with him. I've found in my maagement career that literally handing out CASH publicly is the great motivator. I wonder why bountygate was so rampant throughout the league? Hundreds of dollars to millionaires? Oh it's the pride portion of it that was successful. Maybe have Madden Tournaments after the Optional workouts. Lots of things to try.
    Taking away ones job, and giving it to a player that everyone knows is less talented, but a harder worker, is about the least motivational tactic I have ever heard of.