Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...er-out-season/

Michael Gehlken‏@UTgehlken
    Jared Gaither in 5 Chargers gms in 2011: 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 2 hurries. Four gms in 2012: 4 sacks, 2 hits, 6 hurries

Brian McIntyre‏@brian_mcintyre
    The Chargers paid $9 million this season for Jared Gaither, who lasted 243 snaps over 4 games. $37,037 per play.

UTKevinAcee‏@UTKevinAcee
    “@UTgehlken: Jared Gaither earned $9 million in 2012, or $2.25 million per game played.” >Placed on IR. Will he ever play for the Chargers?
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-23-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

This is too rich.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

oh snap

Some pretty strong comments from the Chargers beat writer from a couple of days ago:

@UTKevinAcee@utkevinacee
    Jared Gaither was brilliant vs. former team last year. As Chargers prepare to play Baltimore again, he has progressed from training room to side field. Will he play Sunday or keep stealing money? I'd never say something that strong re: guy's health w/o knowing exactly how many of his teammates feel.

http://sportsyapper.com/yapp/1353535819732
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

If he had any commitment in him at all, he would still be here. He and Joe would be growing together, ala Unitas and Parker. What a tragedy and waste of talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    If he had any commitment in him at all, he would still be here. He and Joe would be growing together, ala Unitas and Parker. What a tragedy and waste of talent.
    Gaither would have demanded a lot of money had he stayed with us and actually played in the year he sat out. I honestly don't think the FO ever intended to extend him because of his character flaws, he just wasn't a Harbaugh guy, or a true Raven. We would have given up some players, like Yanda, to keep Gaither, and there was no way the FO would have done that. The guy has heaps of talent, but he really is just a waste of space at this point.

San Diego takes the chance and now pays dearly for it. Gaithers history with the Ravens should have been for the chargers to not give him a contract. Also the chiefs let gaither go last year because of his health issues. Gaither is making moiney this year just like when he played for the Ravens. He knows how to work in the nfl without playing all the games , bet he doesn't get another chance to play in the nfl unless his contrac t is base on games played.San Diego will have to regroup after this year anyway, they have major positions to refill.

Blog Entries
    Gaither is a lazy pos. he played well enough to fool the chargers into giving him a boat load of cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Gaither would have demanded a lot of money had he stayed with us and actually played in the year he sat out. I honestly don't think the FO ever intended to extend him because of his character flaws, he just wasn't a Harbaugh guy, or a true Raven. We would have given up some players, like Yanda, to keep Gaither, and there was no way the FO would have done that. The guy has heaps of talent, but he really is just a waste of space at this point.
    If he was committed, we would pay him. You don't let talented left tackles who want to continue to get better simply walk away. I think we have seen that this organization finds a way to keep those players they want, so Yanda may have also been able to be extended.

Blog Entries

Gaither was so unmotivated/lazy that the Ravens had to go to his apt. and get him up to drive him to practice. Lots of potential and I'm pissed the Vince Wilford hit him illegally and injured him. He was doing great in games up until that point.

Blog Entries

Once again proof the ravens made the right choice regardless your thoughts on the player himself.
    -JAB

Time for Kruger and Suggs to make his backup pay...