Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Chargers place Jared Gaither on IR

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Only baltimore fans find the injury to be mysterious. MANY doctors since he left have found the injury very easy to diagnose. He failed a physical and re-injured it twice already this year.
    Good God, even his own teammates don't think he's that hurt -

@UTKevinAcee@utkevinacee
    Jared Gaither was brilliant vs. former team last year. As Chargers prepare to play Baltimore again, he has progressed from training room to side field. Will he play Sunday or keep stealing money? I'd never say something that strong re: guy's health w/o knowing exactly how many of his teammates feel.
    And, this isn't the first time that his teammates have felt that way.......
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-25-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

As we've discussed before, IMO you are just drastically underestimating just how much of a pain Gaither was.

He's act goes WAY beyond just being an underachiever.

PP
    See? You and I can agree on some things. :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Ive been trying to stay out of these gaither threads but ill only chime in to say neither side has proof of anything besides gaither being lazy. Stating anything more than that despite "evidence" conjured up by either side is merely opinion. I usually only take up argument when people say he faked an injury vs being lazy and not preventing/returning from it. Theres evidence to support that, taking that evidence of laziness and then claiming it proves hes a liar and cheat is a stretch to say the least.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Wow, Elvis Presley's last shit in the toilet didn't get this much consideration. The cops just flushed it, which is what should happen with Gaither.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Ive been trying to stay out of these gaither threads but ill only chime in to say neither side has proof of anything besides gaither being lazy. Stating anything more than that despite "evidence" conjured up by either side is merely opinion. I usually only take up argument when people say he faked an injury vs being lazy and not preventing/returning from it. Theres evidence to support that, taking that evidence of laziness and then claiming it proves hes a liar and cheat is a stretch to say the least.
    I'd hardly say the "faking an injury" side is giving "merely opinion". Yes, it's an an opinion but its an opinion rooted in a awful lot of evidence.

The circumstantial evidence has stacked up quite a bit since his departure here. Now, as Ravor points out, even his own teammates don't believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd hardly say the "faking an injury" side is giving "merely opinion". Yes, it's an an opinion but its an opinion rooted in a awful lot of evidence.

The circumstantial evidence has stacked up quite a bit since his departure here. Now, as Ravor points out, even his own teammates don't believe him.
    I don't think he's faking an injury, but milking a slight injury for everything it's worth. There's a bit of a difference.

Do you think he's 100 percent fit and has made the injury up out of thin air? Just wanting clarification on what you mean by faking?

Friedgen had it nailed over 5 years ago:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/200...r-scott-burley

By the way, I am not criticizing the Ravens for drafting Gaither. He obviously had the potential to be great; no harm in the Ravens taking a chance on him. It is too bad, for all sides, that it didn't work out.

"I told them (Newsome and Bisciotti) what I felt," Friedgen said. "If he (Gaither) would just get away from some of the people he hangs around with, get his mind right, dedicate himself ... they got a steal."

In his first public comments since Gaither rose from a struggling student to a supplemental draft pick for the Ravens, Friedgen tempered his high praise for the lineman by questioning Gaither's work ethic - a shortcoming that eventually cost him his starting job.

"Sometimes he wouldn't work," Friedgen said. "I think I have to have some credibility there with my players. ... There were some days he didn't feel like practicing and Dane Randolph was practicing very hard."

Gaither struggled...and was declared academically ineligible for the 2007 season. He hired an agent, though, and was selected by the Ravens in the fifth round of this month's supplemental draft. Asked at yesterday's ACC Football Kickoff whether Gaither has what it takes to survive with the Ravens, Friedgen said, "I hope he does."

"Sometimes money is a great motivator," Friedgen said. "I think he's the most athletic big guy - college or pro - that I've ever been around. ... But he's only played essentially four years of football. His learning curve is tremendous. Now what he's got to do is have the work ethic to do that. I'm pulling for him to do that."
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 11-25-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I don't think he's faking an injury, but milking a slight injury for everything it's worth. There's a bit of a difference.

Do you think he's 100 percent fit and has made the injury up out of thin air? Just wanting clarification on what you mean by faking?
    No, I agree with you.

I think when most fans say he's faking, that's the situation they believe is going on -- he's milking an ouchy, making it out to be far more than it is.

Maybe malingering is a better word to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I odnly disagree that they did everything they could... unless you mean to run him out of town.

Bcuase, if they wanted him to stay, they could have had an actual competition for the LT job that summer during training camp, but htey didn't, not even close. And that was the final nail in the coffin. It may have been the intent, but, if the intent was to motivate him, they failed miserably and really need to learn a thing or two abnout motivating talented underachievers. FWIW, in retrospect, I think they had already washed their hands of him. FWIW, i think that had a lot to do with their failed assesment that Oher was a star LT in the makings.
    Sorry, but learning how to motivate men making millions of dollars shouldn't even be in the equation here.

That's more like baby sitting.

Dude was handed an opportunity to man up and take one of the most coveted high paying jobs in the world and you're saying the Ravens should figure out a better way to motivate him to do it?

There's a whole lot I'd do with more then enough self motivation to earn that kind of jack and be admired by the public that can only dream of having that opportunity.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Yeah, it was all Harbaugh's fault :

Even if the Chargers brass had some wildly naïve/ignorant notion that Gaither would remain healthy -- or not pretend he was more hurt than he was, as virtually everyone in the organization believes was the case in 2012 – Gaither would not be welcome in the locker room.

“I can’t even look him in the eye,” one veteran told me earlier in the season, after Gaither had sat out the first three games with a back issue that no one could clearly diagnose.

On Dec. 23, here is what another veteran said, unsolicited, when ruminating on the ruins of the season: “----ing Gaither. He ----ing cost us big-time.”

Several other players voiced similar sentiments. Some suspected within a couple weeks that Gaither was milking his back injury. Others didn’t get frustrated until September. Many held out until the end of the season. But by then, there were no dissenters.
    Asked if Gaither could ever return and be accepted by teammates, safety Eric Weddle was as gracious as he could be: “He could. It would take a lot of work to earn back the respect. And that’s not going to happen.”
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...aither-return/

Ouch!
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-05-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Yeah, it was all Harbaugh's fault :

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...aither-return/

Ouch!
    Lol why do people keep defending gaither? He's a proven lazy slob. Can't believe the chargers gave him that contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rofl

“I can’t even look him in the eye,” one veteran told me earlier in the season, after Gaither had sat out the first three games with a back issue that no one could clearly diagnose.

On Dec. 23, here is what another veteran said, unsolicited, when ruminating on the ruins of the season: “----ing Gaither. He ----ing cost us big-time.”

Several other players voiced similar sentiments. Some suspected within a couple weeks that Gaither was milking his back injury. Others didn’t get frustrated until September. Many held out until the end of the season. But by then, there were no dissenters.
    No one believes this guy anymore. Gaither may be out of the league for good. Then perhaps we can stop bringing up this legend.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2