Check out this Ravens Bus!

Bus.jpg
    I have always maintained that by far the best byproduct of having an NFL team is the sense of community that ensues. Many friendships are born and many others are deepened.

I think back often to an email I received 8 years ago about an estranged Father & Son who let bygones be bygones brought together by the existence of the Baltimore Ravens. Today their relationship flourishes.

Philanthropic groups are widespread throughout the Land of Pleasant Living giving back to the community and those in need. These fine people live the credo, “It’s better to give than receive.”
    A few years ago I learned of a tragedy that changed forever the lives of a wonderfully tight-knitted group of Ravens fans known as Tailgate 1.

On the evening of November 7, 2008, Steve, Katie, Wil and Ian Brady all with strong ties to Tailgate 1, were on their way to a scout camping trip. Their vehicle was struck head on by another in Harford County. Steve and Ian survived – Katie (31) and Wil (8) did not.

Since then folks from Tailgate 1 have combined their loving energies to help raise money for the Katie and Wil Brady Memorial Foundation. Their mission is to provide financial and supportive services to causes that were dear to their hearts, including but not limited to academic advancement through scholarships and/or grants at educational institutions and development of recreational facilities.

Currently they are raising money for the foundation by raffling off a custom retrofitted Ravens bus. You can see the details of the bus HERE.

Details of the raffle are below. We hope that you and your group support this worthy cause and we also hope to see you arrive at M&T Bank Stadium in your new ride ready to bring it for the team we all know and love.

407572_10151526226827589_2130409747_n.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Check out this Ravens Bus!

I look at that bus every day. It sits in the driveway directly across the street from my house. I actually drove it to the Raiders game a few weeks ago. Katie and Wil will always be a part of our tailgate and we hope that the eventual winner of that fine bus will get as much joy out of it as we have over the years.

If anyone has any questions about the bus, I would be happy to answer them either here, or through PM. Whichever you prefer. Thank you Tony for posting this.

Re: Check out this Ravens Bus!

Do the Ravens still have the coach bus?