Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 157 to 168 of 181
  1. #157

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Calling the Pats success a byproduct of their division? That's laughable.

    Three Super Bowl wins, five appearances and 9 division titles in the last 11 years is hardly something that can be attributed to a soft division.
    Their paths have been fortuitous. It's a lot easier to get there when you have HFA much of the time. If they'd have had to play the Ravens at M&T last year, they would have been smoked.




  2. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,361
    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Their paths have been fortuitous. It's a lot easier to get there when you have HFA much of the time. If they'd have had to play the Ravens at M&T last year, they would have been smoked.
    So what about the non-divisional teams they smoked on a regular basis these past 11 years?

    I guess those wins are "fortuitous" as well?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #159
    How is Sanchez still in this game?

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2




  4. #160

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So what about the non-divisional teams they smoked on a regular basis these past 11 years?

    I guess those wins are "fortuitous" as well?
    Not denying they are a good team. But, that little extra of playing a weak division has been contributing. If they played in the AFCN, against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens four times a year, they wouldn't be as succesful. Let's face it, they don't have a "foil". The Jet's were briefly, but no more. The Dolphins and Bills have been total shit for two decades it seems. Meanwhile teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, have had to slug it out year after year and it makes it harder on them come playoff time. I guess I am just bitter right now. I see the Patriots overtaking the Ravens for that second seed by virtue of playing 6 games against total garbage teams.




  5. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,361
    Ok so for some of their seasons, they had years where the division was soft.

    All teams play more non-divisional games than divisional games.

    Yet their success is largely contributed to said "soft division"?

    Yeah, still not buying it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Not denying they are a good team. But, that little extra of playing a weak division has been contributing. If they played in the AFCN, against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens four times a year, they wouldn't be as succesful. Let's face it, they don't have a "foil". The Jet's were briefly, but no more. The Dolphins and Bills have been total shit for two decades it seems. Meanwhile teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, have had to slug it out year after year and it makes it harder on them come playoff time. I guess I am just bitter right now. I see the Patriots overtaking the Ravens for that second seed by virtue of playing 6 games against total garbage teams.
    One may argue that the AFCN is forfeiting to the Ravens right now.

    You are right about that second seed though. It is essential for this Ravens team who play so bad on the road.Pats or Broncos can go to Houston and beat them, bringing the AFCCG to Baltimore.




  7. #163

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    One may argue that the AFCN is forfeiting to the Ravens right now.

    You are right about that second seed though. It is essential for this Ravens team who play so bad on the road.Pats or Broncos can go to Houston and beat them, bringing the AFCCG to Baltimore.
    How do you figure that?

    Only one team with a losing record in the division.




  8. Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    How is Sanchez still in this game?

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I'm trying to figure out how he's in any game.
    The dude sucks!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  9. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    How do you figure that?

    Only one team with a losing record in the division.
    The Ravens are what, 12-0 in the division in the last 12 games? Tough games all, though.




  10. #166

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread



    The Jets season in a nutshell




  11. #167

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    That is the most retarded thing I've heard. It should be about getting the call right. Not who benefits.
    Here is why the rule is stupid. Say, Detroit doesn't throw the red flag, but Houston does. Penalty, no review, and the TD is kept. Stupid, stupid, rule. Get rid of it NFL!




  12. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Pissed off with the Lions game, and definitely feel sorry for Lions fans too. They were fucking robbed off that game, but the silly mistakes they made in OT were inexcusable at times. You JUST can't fumble the ball in OT like Pettigrew did, he really hasn't been as impressive as I though he'd be in the NFL.

    Anyway looking at the bright side. I actually am starting to get some doubt about this Houston team, and if we can seal the number 2 seed, I would not be surprised at all if we end up playing Denver or New England at home in the AFCCG (providing we win our divisional game).




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland