Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 181
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    609

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread



    And there were some on this forum that wanted Rex as our head coach? Who thought he would have been a good choice over Harbaugh at the time? Think what the Ravens would be like today had you gotten your wish....watching this game has been a waste of a good Thanksgiving night. I want the last two hours of my life back.




  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    You have to find entertainment in things like the crowd chanting Tebow or the Jets finally scoring and high fiveing, only to have it reversed...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You have to find entertainment in things like the crowd chanting Tebow or the Jets finally scoring and high fiveing, only to have it reversed...
    This.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Today I find myself thoroughly disgusted by the NFL. First, the Lions were robbed by what has to be the most idiotic, inane rule I've ever seen. Not to mention the fact that the dude was so obviously down to begin with that there is no excuse for the whistle not to have blown to begin with. But seriously, what is the impetus of if you challenge a play that is automatically challenged that not only is it a 15 yard penalty, but the call is therefore not reviewed???? I mean, WTF????? Horrible. I can't take the league seriously with this SHIT anymore.

    Next, I am fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking(please don't ban me) sick sick sick sick of the Patriots having the luxury of their division forfeiting to them year after year. It's a joke. Hahaha funny joke.

    I need more beer.




  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496
    Cursing is allowed, as long as its not directed at another member.

    Calling the Pats success a byproduct of their division? That's laughable.

    Three Super Bowl wins, five appearances and 9 division titles in the last 11 years is hardly something that can be attributed to a soft division.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #156

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Three Super Bowl wins, five appearances and 9 division titles in the last 11 years is hardly something that can be attributed to a soft division.
    ... doesn't hurt, though.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Calling the Pats success a byproduct of their division? That's laughable.

    Three Super Bowl wins, five appearances and 9 division titles in the last 11 years is hardly something that can be attributed to a soft division.
    Their paths have been fortuitous. It's a lot easier to get there when you have HFA much of the time. If they'd have had to play the Ravens at M&T last year, they would have been smoked.




  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496
    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Their paths have been fortuitous. It's a lot easier to get there when you have HFA much of the time. If they'd have had to play the Ravens at M&T last year, they would have been smoked.
    So what about the non-divisional teams they smoked on a regular basis these past 11 years?

    I guess those wins are "fortuitous" as well?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #159
    How is Sanchez still in this game?

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2




  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So what about the non-divisional teams they smoked on a regular basis these past 11 years?

    I guess those wins are "fortuitous" as well?
    Not denying they are a good team. But, that little extra of playing a weak division has been contributing. If they played in the AFCN, against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens four times a year, they wouldn't be as succesful. Let's face it, they don't have a "foil". The Jet's were briefly, but no more. The Dolphins and Bills have been total shit for two decades it seems. Meanwhile teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, have had to slug it out year after year and it makes it harder on them come playoff time. I guess I am just bitter right now. I see the Patriots overtaking the Ravens for that second seed by virtue of playing 6 games against total garbage teams.




  11. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496
    Ok so for some of their seasons, they had years where the division was soft.

    All teams play more non-divisional games than divisional games.

    Yet their success is largely contributed to said "soft division"?

    Yeah, still not buying it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Not denying they are a good team. But, that little extra of playing a weak division has been contributing. If they played in the AFCN, against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens four times a year, they wouldn't be as succesful. Let's face it, they don't have a "foil". The Jet's were briefly, but no more. The Dolphins and Bills have been total shit for two decades it seems. Meanwhile teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Titans, have had to slug it out year after year and it makes it harder on them come playoff time. I guess I am just bitter right now. I see the Patriots overtaking the Ravens for that second seed by virtue of playing 6 games against total garbage teams.
    One may argue that the AFCN is forfeiting to the Ravens right now.

    You are right about that second seed though. It is essential for this Ravens team who play so bad on the road.Pats or Broncos can go to Houston and beat them, bringing the AFCCG to Baltimore.




  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    One may argue that the AFCN is forfeiting to the Ravens right now.

    You are right about that second seed though. It is essential for this Ravens team who play so bad on the road.Pats or Broncos can go to Houston and beat them, bringing the AFCCG to Baltimore.
    How do you figure that?

    Only one team with a losing record in the division.




  14. Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    How is Sanchez still in this game?

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I'm trying to figure out how he's in any game.
    The dude sucks!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Thanksgiving Day Game(s) Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    How do you figure that?

    Only one team with a losing record in the division.
    The Ravens are what, 12-0 in the division in the last 12 games? Tough games all, though.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland