Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norv Turner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    So if the Ravens actually WIN the super bowl, they'll fire Cam? doubt it.
    Cams contract is up this year so they wouldn't be firing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Norv Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    not Jason Garrett, another game of horrible coaching mistakes. And two games in a row where Romo drops back to throw 59 times. Seriously?
    Terrible HC, but he is a good OC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The best thing that could happen Sunday is that the Ravens defeat the Chargers 55-17 (With a late TD pass to Gates and Alexander for my fantasy teams), with Norv Turner being fired immediately after the game, only to get an anonymous call from a representative of a certain GM, telling him to relax on the couch for a few months, because he'll be employed soon.

The Charger's offensive struggles should not be an indictment of Turner's abilities as an OC. There have been several high quality coordinators who have struggled as head coaches, especially when trying to juggle a head coach's responsibilities with continued play-calling.

If you watch San Diego play, Norv Turner has tried different things to help the offense out. They've tried to use the middle of the field, but teams are keying in on Gates with the absence of Vincent Jackson on the outside. They've tried running the football, but none of their RBs have been able to stay in San Diego, let alone healthy. That's A.J. Smith's fault, more than anything. They just picked up Denario Alexander up off the street a few weeks ago. He has somehow scored about four or five TDs in three games. The guy they expected to step into Jackson's shoes was injured before the season started. Floyd has failed to do so. Turner has even tried moving Floyd into the slot to help get him open. They've had two offensive linemen retire and Gaither has been in and out.

Norv Turner's resume with QB and as an OC, is of a very high quality.

On one hand, the Ravens could use another piece or two to really make his system run. That size/speed WR is still missing (could it be Streeter in time?). That ultra athletic pass catching TE, to exploit the middle of the field, is also missing (That was supposed to be Dickson).

On the other hand, Turner is a guy who can fix the Ravens key issue, lack of adjustments on offense.

If Turner becomes available, there is no doubt that he would be the top candidate and I would welcome him with open arms.

It's not the system, it's the administration of the system.
    I like it but one thing I would change.

Cam stay in SD and Norv comes back on the plane!!! :happyanim

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Terrible HC, but he is a good OC.
    59 passes is good?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm not a Norv fan.

That said, I'm not giving the Ravens much chance to win sunday. Luckily I'm going to miss what I expect to be another tragic road showing by the Ravens while I'm on a plane to Vegas.

I'd rather see Montgomery (Running Backs Coach) get promoted, or Caldwell. I think we'd be better served by organizational continuity.

Only a fucking idiot would want Norv Turner. How many Super Bowls has he won in any position on a team. He is no better then Cam.
    Sent from my Linux workstation.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsey59 View Post
    Only a fucking idiot would want Norv Turner. How many Super Bowls has he won in any position on a team. He is no better then Cam.
    Norv won 2 Super Bowls as OC with the Dallas Cowboys in 1992 and 1993. He took an offense that was dead last in 1990 and had them ranked 9th in '91. He helped shape Troy Aikman into a HOF QB.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Norv would have his pick of jobs. I doubt he would come back to the mid-atlantic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'd rather see Montgomery (Running Backs Coach) get promoted, or Caldwell. I think we'd be better served by organizational continuity.
    I was dead set against Caldwell when he was announced here as the QB coach. I assumed he had to be terrible, given the Irsay's collapse last year. I also figured Manning did not need a QB coach to be successful. Truth be told I could never be favorably disposed to anyone in that organization.

But I think I was wrong. I really like Caldwell. He always seemed calm and composed, very similar to Joe's personality. The times I have watched him interact with Flacco I see quiet respect. I really do not think Cam is going anywhere, but if Caldwell got the job I think Joe and him would make a good team.

Blog Entries

I'm kind of starting to think that the Ravens should move away from the Air Coryell altogether.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Jim Caldwell would and should be the next OC. That's why he came here.