Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens - Chargers Predicition Thread

This game has the classic Ravens let down game feel to it. Ravens riding a winning streak, just had a huge victory annnnd goose egg! The fact we have to travel to the west coast doesn't help either. This team has been very dr jekyll and mr hyde, at home and on the road.

I've been reading some of the Chargers forums, most have already given up on the season. But a few say that SD will start a 3-4 game win streak against Baltimore. Not enough to make the playoffs, but just enough to keep Norv. I could totally see that happening.

One reason I'm still gonna pick the Ravens to win is how this team has won games this year. Every win (minus Oakland and Cincy) we saw one side of the ball slacking and another area make up for it. This team is playing for one another. It's really remarkable to see. Plus a win in SD and against Pitt next week will give us a second straight division title. I don't believe they let this opportunity slip away, and give Pittsburgh any hope of winning the division.

The offense will perform better. The defense will feast on Phillip Rivers and ST will continue to do what it has done all year.

Final Score:

Ravens 27
    Chargers 13
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens - Chargers Predicition Thread

The Chargers are on a 1 game winning streak against us, we beat them back in 09, I don't understand why people can't remember that.

Anyway, I like the optimism, but I just don't think this team is capable of winning by that margin on the road against a team like the Chargers. The Chargers are filled with former Ravens who know what we're built like, and they will know how to exploit our weaknesses. I had this down as a loss before the season, then changed it to a win, but now I'm making my final prediction, I think the Chargers win this 20-13, it's just too much to ask this team to go all the way to the west coast and win this one, and we haven't won back to back road games for a long time.

I think Ryan Matthews might have a big day against us, and Rivers will get sacked a bunch of times, but he will get the better of our secondary IMO.

I predict the Chargers will jump out to a quick 10-0 lead before our defense settles down. The offense, led by whackjob Cameron, goes 2 quarters without scoring and only making 1 first down during that time.

Final score: 20-17 Chargers.

Ravens have been bad on the road, the Chargers have just been bad, period. Something's gotta give. If this game wasn't sandwiched between the Steeler games, I'd feel more confident going with the Ravens. But being its a west coast trip bookended by those two most physical and emotional games of the year, I'll go with the Chargers. I don't think it'll be a blowout like last year, though.

Chargers 23, Ravens 16
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

The Chargers played us tough in 2006, but Martyball did them in. They played us tough in 2009, but a poor decision on fourth down did them in. They let out some frustration last year.

I don't see how you could possibly predict this game. I am on record as saying that this is the most unpredictable game of the year.

I'm not making a prediction for this one. Nothing would surprise me.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Chargers played us tough in 2006, but Martyball did them in. They played us tough in 2009, but a poor decision on fourth down did them in. They let out some frustration last year.

I don't see how you could possibly predict this game. I am on record as saying that this is the most unpredictable game of the year.

This. I was going back and forth on this one. At first I had this down as a loss, then a win, then a loss. I give up.

The Chargers played us tough in 2006, but Martyball did them in. They played us tough in 2009, but a poor decision on fourth down did them in.
    Not so much a poor decision, but a spectacular play by Ray.

I'm with you on this. I have had this game marked as a loss since the beginning of the season but the Chargers' massive suckage this year had me re-thinking it. But then I thought about our suckage on the road. This may be a game of who can suck the worst. Very, very unpredictable game and one I honestly cannot predict. Flip a coin and hope the Ravens play on the right side of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    I predict the Chargers will jump out to a quick 10-0 lead before our defense settles down. The offense, led by whackjob Cameron, goes 2 quarters without scoring and only making 1 first down during that time.

Final score: 20-17 Chargers.

Hi Beer How ya doing?

Your post sounds about right and the game is on the road where Joe isn't so hot and it's in Calif where even
    the old Colts struggled at times. We would have gone to the Championship 3 yrs in a row but lost last two
    games in SF and LA in 57 and we were still a young franchise.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/...s/results/1957

I had this game as a loss early on unless Joe lights it up early, if he can. He's gotta score 30 pts to win it.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-23-2012 at 02:30 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6968047.story

is mcphee going to play, that will be a huge boost?

Blog Entries

Chargers put Jared Gaither on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Chargers are on a 1 game winning streak against us, we beat them back in 09, I don't understand why people can't remember that.
    I never say they didn't beat us last year.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller