Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gotta love Pollard!

“Now if a quarterback’s going to the sideline and I’ve got a chance, I swear to you I’m going to kill him,” Pollard said.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e-51936cf7c63e

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: Gotta love Pollard!

Pollard is 100% correct in his gripe about what they're making football into. Goodell is making it to where defensive players can no longer play defense for fear of penalties/fines/suspensions. They have gone way overboard.

Bone crusher!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

He already got fined for his a hit in the San Deigo game for this, he just doesn't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He already got fined for his a hit in the San Deigo game for this, he just doesn't know it yet.
    HA.

Love Pollard, but that exact dumbass attitude is what resulted in Byron's TD run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Love Pollard, but that exact dumbass attitude is what resulted in Byron's TD run.
    :grbac: You have things exactly ass-backwards. From the story on the Ravens site:

Pollard was running to the sideline to usher Leftwich out of bounds, but wanted to be particularly careful not to hit the quarterback and draw a penalty or possibly a fine. Leftwich instead stayed in bounds and broke through Pollard’s arm tackle on his way to the end zone.

Now if a quarterback’s going to the sideline and I’ve got a chance, I swear to you I’m going to kill him,” Pollard said.

Reading for comprehension is becoming a lost art...

Blog Entries

HA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    It was also that kind of attitude that helped win us the game with that HUGE hit at the end of the game.

HA.

I tend to agree.

Ok, maybe the new rules limit the monster hit opportunities but they don't limit proper tackling.

Had Pollard gone for the proper technique of simply wrapping his arms around the player instead of a kill shot resulting in a limp armed tackle attempt, that TD might not have happened.

I love Pollard too but his complaints fall on deaf ears in this particular situation.

Toward the end of the game, we had a blind side sack on Leftwich. I forget who it was but that's the technique that, if applied on the QB every time, will never draw a flag.

9. Re: Gotta love Pollard!

James Ihedigbo.

Blog Entries

he's correct in most everything he says but he really could've left out the 'i'm gonna kill him" line. wrap up and tackle correctly and there's no flag.

HA.

Pollard is a [mostly clean] hitter which is good. He brings a lot of support vs. the run, but he appears to have a short fuse (gets in refs' faces & is quick to return bumped titties from opponents). I fear an untimely PF/unsportsmanlike conduct flag on him before the season is out

Blog Entries

One of Ozzie's greatest signings.