Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I just don't think the O-line plays as well on the road which leads to Flacco's inconsistency

Re: My Flacco Theory

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Couldnt have said it better myself. Many Ravens fans don't appreciate anything...I guess they want Kyle Boler back.
    Last edited by fma780; 11-23-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    After 5 years I have been proven right about it. It isn't something I hope for. It's not like I don't want to have a top QB, as it goes, of which, by the way, there are only a few.

Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, maybe RG3 and Roethlisberger probably. That's really the list of dominant QBs. The bottom of the pile would be Cassell, Gabbert, whoever the Cardinals QB is in a given week, Sanchez, and maybe Tannehill and Weeden but certainly the jury is out on them. For all the QBs in between, pretty much go ahead and put them in a hat and pull one out. You'll get quality production from any of them if you give them good receivers, a good running game, and a good OL (which seems to be the criteria the Flacco-coddlers demand for him).

That's my point.

RG3? Really? What was in that turkey you ate? RG3 SUCKS!!!! Most over rated QB in the NFL today. I really hope you were joking about that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fma780 View Post
    RG3? Really? What was in that turkey you ate? RG3 SUCKS!!!! Most over rated QB in the NFL today. I really hope you were joking about that.
    What are you basing that on? He looked pretty good to me.

Blog Entries

RG3 will be better than Flacco. I believe he is going to be great and will bring DC one or two SB's. That's not a knock on Flacco, I think Flacco will win a SB too and will go down as a good QB that was never quite there in the elite class, he's just not consistent enough. RG3 will bring DC a SB working under a bad organization and an average talented team, where as Flacco will get a lot of help from a better team and a much better organization.

Quote Originally Posted by fma780 View Post
    Clearly you haven't been paying attention to him.

He's near the top of quite a few important measurable stats.

Both he and Luck have been living up to their expectations and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Clearly you haven't been paying attention to him.

He's near the top of quite a few important measurable stats.

Both he and Luck have been living up to their expectations and then some.
    I agree RG3 and Luck have more than succeeded expectations, however I wouldn't put them in the same list with Peyton and Brady yet. Look at the amazing numbers Cam put up last year. Would anyone consider him "elite" now? A body of work over at least 3-4 seasons has to be put in before ranking them among the leagues best.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I agree RG3 and Luck have more than succeeded expectations, however I wouldn't put them in the same list with Peyton and Brady yet. Look at the amazing numbers Cam put up last year. Would anyone consider him "elite" now? A body of work over at least 3-4 seasons has to be put in before ranking them among the leagues best.

Luck really hasn't been that great.

While the gf is off Black Friday-ing, I decided to run some numbers that I've been wanting to for awhile. Some interesting stuff:

2008 rating at home: 66.8 2008 rating on road: 91.7 Overall rating for year: 80.0.
    2009 rating at home: 101.5 2009 rating on road: 75.8 Overall rating for year: 88.9
    2010 rating at home: 104.2 2010 rating on road: 84.7 Overall rating for year: 93.5.
    2011 rating at home: 84.2 2011 rating on road: 78.2 Overall rating for year: 81.0.
    2012 rating at home: 108.2 2012 rating on road: 65.2 Overall rating for year: 87.2.
    Career at home: 93.0 Career on road: 79.9 Career overall: 86.1

Flacco actually had four road games as a rookie with a rating over 109. Since 2008, he's only had six games above 100 on the road, the last of which was last year at Cinci.

It's interesting that 2008-2010 showed consistent improvement for Flacco across the board, and the last two years have been a regression (well, at least on the road--this is Flacco's best year ever at home). I have to wonder if the personnel changes between 2010 and 2011 didn't have more to do with this than anything else. I mean, Flacco's the same QB, and Cam's the same coordinator. Maybe losing Heap/Housh whoever else left was a big part of that...

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Nope, I already acknowledged that you'd take Joe Flacco over Aaron Rodgers!

Just a difference of opinion.

Many people say that those who don't view Flacco as a top 5 QB don't appreciate him especially since the crap we as Ravens fans have seen at QB over the years.

I look at it the other way. I think that crap we've seen has skewed some people's view of Flacco and elevated him to a level that I just don't see.

I think the Ravens should and will re-sign him. I just don't view him in the same light as many on this board do.

PP

I can understand the other perspective, EXCEPT the difference has been a much greater step. Getting a better QB has gotten this team to a place I can't remember it ever being, a consistent playoff team with two chances that came down to the last seconds of being in the Super Bowl. And you can't say that about anymore than a select couple of QB's I this league.

Having Flacco here and what he's done has helped change the culture of the team (and yes, Harbaugh has a big part of that too). I don't think for a minute that 28-29 other QB's in this league could have accomplished that here over Joe's entire body of work.

RG3 is a good young QB and he could be great, I still think the same of Joe he just needs to get in the right system and find some consistency as an offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Throw out Cosell, when did Simms and Jaws make such comments? Would be very interested to read
    Simms has come to Flacco's defense several times, on radio and in written interviews. He's not only talked about Flacco's ability to make every throw on the field, but the level of difficult for him to succeed in this offense, because he is constantly asked to throw into the smallest of windows.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore