Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: My Flacco Theory



    Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Didn't 2 QB's in San Diego flourish in Cam's system? One won a SB the other usually is in the top 5 QB rating in the league (usually)? Just wondering what system you speak of.
    Huh?

    Brees didn't win a SB with Cam. He won it in Sean Payton's offense...which is COMPLETELY different than Cam's.

    And Rivers was good, but didn't experience his best play until after Cam left.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #32

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's pointless, almost all of his posts here are about how Flacco is just average etc... It's as if he just wants to be proven right about it, as if he wants Flacco to fail so he can tell us he told us so. Guarantee he won't post for a while the next big game Flacco has, or he'll just pull some meaningless stats that nobody really cares about to try and suggest that his good performance was only because said team are terrible.
    So what?

    There is a very legitmate argument to be made that Flacco is indeed an average QB. Personally, I think he's a slightly above average QB but don't go crazy if someone thinks he's average. However, the furor it's met with around here is easy to see.

    What is annoying is this notion that it's always someone else's fault when the offense looks bad yet all Joe when it goes well.

    Hell, even when it goes well there are posters who will still rip Cameron and say Joe did it despite the offensive gameplan.

    Most criticism of Flacco is met with an outrageous amount of defensiveness IMO.

    Just what I see.

    PP




  3. #33
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

    It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

    It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

    Wouldn't surprise me if he did just that especially since breaking off negotiations.




  5. #35

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

    It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Perfect example.

    Complete hyperbole.

    Getting shit on?

    The guy gets praised beyond belief on this board.

    A little criticism and boom.

    Do you really think the majority of the fan base doesn't appreciate him? Sure, there are some who are whacked out and say "he sucks" or whatever. Maybe that's just who people here.

    Me? I see and hear FAR more people who love the guy.

    PP




  6. #36

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if he did just that especially since breaking off negotiations.
    For real?

    This negotiation is all about $$.

    People really think Flacco cares what Joe Blow for Dundalk or Jimmy from Parkville thinks of his play?



    PP




  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Perfect example.

    Complete hyperbole.

    Getting shit on?

    The guy gets praised beyond belief on this board.

    A little criticism and boom.

    Do you really think the majority of the fan base doesn't appreciate him? Sure, there are some who are whacked out and say "he sucks" or whatever. Maybe that's just who people here.

    Me? I see and hear FAR more people who love the guy.

    PP
    Whatever. Reason people have to run to his defense is because someone is calling him overrated or not good. Sorry, but I listen to enough radio to know I'm right here.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    I think Flacco is a very good quarterback. The criticisms of him typically don't seem to take into account there are 10 other Ravens players on the field each offensive play- not to mention the 11 on the other side of the ball paid to disrupt the offense.




  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

    It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I could easily see Joe walking because I don't think he likes Cam's offense and play calling
    and I think some teams like the Jets or Eagles will offer alot more money for him then we will .
    The upcoming NFL draft is looking weak on QB's unlike this year's bumper crop so there
    could be alot of bidders for his services.




  10. #40

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmypowder View Post
    I could easily see Joe walking because I don't think he likes Cam's offense and play calling
    and I think some teams like the Jets or Eagles will offer alot more money for him then we will .
    The upcoming NFL draft is looking weak on QB's unlike this year's bumper crop so there
    could be alot of bidders for his services.
    But if he's being allowed to lobby for or call his own plays now, such as the 3rd and 2 call against the Steelers, then I don't think the Cam issue is there anymore.

    I bet right now there are 9 teams easily who would love to have Flacco over their QB without even blinking an eye. The Eagles, Browns, Chiefs, Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Bills, 49ers, and Raiders would love to have Joe Flacco right now if he was available.

    And if anyone here would rather have Michael Vick, whoever QB's the Browns (over multiple years), Matt Cassel, or Carson Palmer over Joe Flacco right now, than I have nothing for you. Right now the only QB's I would absolutely take over Flacco would be the obvious choices; Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and maybe Drew Brees.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    LOL @ anyone thinking Joe is going to walk. He doesn't care what a few half-retarded fans say. He knows the organization is top notch, and they aren't going to just let him walk anyway




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,265

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

    It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    You would think if any fan base would appreciate a good QB it would be this one. Do people really want to go back to suffering years of Eric Zeier, Jim Harbaugh, Tony Banks, Stoney Case, Scott Mitchell, Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, Randall Cunningham, Jeff Blake, Chris Redman, Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, Steve McNair and Troy Smith.




  13. #43

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Perfect example.

    Complete hyperbole.

    Getting shit on?

    The guy gets praised beyond belief on this board.

    A little criticism and boom.

    Do you really think the majority of the fan base doesn't appreciate him? Sure, there are some who are whacked out and say "he sucks" or whatever. Maybe that's just who people here.

    Me? I see and hear FAR more people who love the guy.

    PP


    Thank you. I have never once blindly claimed that joe flacco "sucks" or demand he be benched or anything of that nature. Just pointing out the facts. He's an average QB in a league where nearly every team has a guy who can get the job done, thanks to Goodell's NFL pushing the offensive envelope far beyond where it needs to go (look no further than the Reed suspension and fine).

    Guys like Flacco ten (even five) years ago were hard to come by. Now you are getting comparble production from pretty much anyone not named Matt Cassell or Blaine Gabbert. That may be hyperbole, but it isn't drastic hyperbole. Are the Ravens a significantly worse team this year with guys like Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford, Russell Wilson, Matt Schaub, or Andy Dalton at QB? No. That's where the issue arises. A few years ago it was hard to find a good QB. Now everyone seems to be getting at least serviceable production from the position. And at what point does the premium you have to pay become not worth it?




  14. #44

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's pointless, almost all of his posts here are about how Flacco is just average etc... It's as if he just wants to be proven right about it, as if he wants Flacco to fail so he can tell us he told us so. Guarantee he won't post for a while the next big game Flacco has, or he'll just pull some meaningless stats that nobody really cares about to try and suggest that his good performance was only because said team are terrible.

    After 5 years I have been proven right about it. It isn't something I hope for. It's not like I don't want to have a top QB, as it goes, of which, by the way, there are only a few.

    Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, maybe RG3 and Roethlisberger probably. That's really the list of dominant QBs. The bottom of the pile would be Cassell, Gabbert, whoever the Cardinals QB is in a given week, Sanchez, and maybe Tannehill and Weeden but certainly the jury is out on them. For all the QBs in between, pretty much go ahead and put them in a hat and pull one out. You'll get quality production from any of them if you give them good receivers, a good running game, and a good OL (which seems to be the criteria the Flacco-coddlers demand for him).

    That's my point.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,265

    Re: My Flacco Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    After 5 years I have been proven right about it. It isn't something I hope for. It's not like I don't want to have a top QB, as it goes, of which, by the way, there are only a few.

    Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, maybe RG3 and Roethlisberger probably. That's really the list of dominant QBs. The bottom of the pile would be Cassell, Gabbert, whoever the Cardinals QB is in a given week, Sanchez, and maybe Tannehill and Weeden but certainly the jury is out on them. For all the QBs in between, pretty much go ahead and put them in a hat and pull one out. You'll get quality production from any of them if you give them good receivers, a good running game, and a good OL (which seems to be the criteria the Flacco-coddlers demand for him).

    That's my point.
    You just lost crediblity with me by listing RG3 as a top QB.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland