Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    CMac? I'd prefer someone who was named the DPOY in 1993 and was moved to safety as a Raven.
    But going back to prime and the only qualification is having been a Raven, I take Rod Woodson over CMac with 71 interceptions (CMac 26), 12 INT TDs (CMac 5)... Yes CMac was good but.....
    As a corner, C Mac was better than Woodson, IMO. Woodson had a longer run, but the McCallister from 2000-2003 was dominant.

Bert Jones and I'd put him in a Ravens uniform! The Ravens would be unstoppable!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If it was just 1 guy it would be Peter Boulware. Boulware + Suggs = the most dominant pass rush in the NFL.
    This. :word

And Goose or Sam Adams paired with Ngata, scary good D-line.

Whoever that was who said Kyle Boller, you almost owed me a new laptop.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm going with Ray in his prime. That would instantly make us a top 10 defense, to go along with the #1 red zone D and change ball games dramatically. The middle of the field would no longer be open for TE's and RB's wouldn't be able to get outside on us.

Next up would be CMac. Completely being able to shut down one side of the field, no matter WHO the reciever was, would be huge. Sorry but even as good as Webb is QB's still will look his way. In CMac's hayday they wouldn't even bother except as a last resort even more so than Revis now or Aso. The current pass rush could get there when their not even looking at one half of the field and the othe half is covered by Reed and your tempting fate throwing it.

People have said JO, but there are plenty of star LT's in this league and they don't impact their teams as much, ahem joe thomas anyone?

Than their's the McCrary votes, and yes opposite Ngata and Suggs and taking Redding's spot, or now Jones/McPhee would be a huge shot in the arm for that pathetic 3 and 4 man rush we have, but QB's still only have to chuck it CWill's way and you're either getting a completion, or a PI call with the odd chance at a pick but still the odd's are severly in your favor.

I'd like a 27 year old Ray Lewis back.

6. Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

HANDS DOWN..... J.O. :word

Flacco wouldn't have to worry about his back like he does today! I do believe that is our issue on offense on the road. JMHO

As my screen name is an ode to 75, it would be an in his prime JO. He would single handily raise the line to the best in football by moving Blind side to RT and KO to LG where he would school him to be the best LG in football and maybe his eventual successor.

Joe would have almost all day to make plays and Ray Rice running behind a guy that is over a foot taller than him would be a nightmare for all.

As very close second would be Shannon Sharpe because with today's rules he would catch over 100 balls easily and be the Ravens most dominant receiver and offensive leader.

Ill say a young Ray Lewis. A young Jamal Lewis. J.O., Wally Williams, Flynn, Zeus, young Heap and Quadray Ismail. Matt Stover, Boulware, C Mac Hartwell, Goose, Adams, young Ed Reed

Blog Entries

JO- he's the best player the Ravens ever had. Yes, I know Lewis is a Defensive Player of the Year and Super Bowl MVP, but even hi didn't dominant at his position quite the way Ogden did. The first Raven is still the best.

After JO, I'd go with Bouleware. Not only does he fit current team needs, he's still the best OLB this team has had. Suggs is awesome, but he's not Bouleware. I'd give Suggs a slight edge rushing the passer and against the run, but Bouleware was far better in coverage. His, alas, was a career cut too short by injury. I still think he, Lewis, and Sharper are the best linebacking corps we ever had. I know Ozzie misses Bouleware- he keeps trying to find his clone in the draft. He was the first of the 'tweeners- athletic guys who played DE in college projected as OLB's in the pros. Suggs is the closest he's come.

Blog Entries

Oh- one more for consideration: Adalius Thomas. Anyone who can play every position on the defense has to be worth something, but I don't know if Pees could use him right...

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post

People have said JO, but there are plenty of star LT's in this league and they don't impact their teams as much, ahem joe thomas anyone?
    There's no LT in the league today that are as good as JO and its not even close. At nearly 6' 10" and 350lbs he was the strongest player on the field and arguably the most athletic. In his prime the only player I ever remember giving him problems was the 6'6" Jason Taylor who was freakishly athletic as JO.

Players like JO come along once in a generation.

As for the players like CMac, Pete and a few others, I wonder how their style today would translate. CMac's mauling style was fine in the early aughts but now I think he would struggle with PI's and illegal contact. Boulware would've been a great all around player but I don't know if he would've been as dominant as JO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    There's no LT in the league today that are as good as JO and its not even close. At nearly 6' 10" and 350lbs he was the strongest player on the field and arguably the most athletic. In his prime the only player I ever remember giving him problems was the 6'6" Jason Taylor who was freakishly athletic as JO.

Players like JO come along once in a generation.
    Oh come on, Willie Roaf? Anthony Munoz? Heck even Walter Jones and Orlando Pace were pretty close to Ogden. He was a dominant LT, but hardly the best in a generation.