Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

JO, by a mile... next question.

I guess I would say Sam Adams would be number two, but I had to think long and hard to even move past number one on this list, as it just jumped out so obviously to me.

And that is considering need of this team.

Blog Entries

McKinney and JJ would be nice right about now too ;(

Brandon Stokely and Matt Stover....for one game in particular.

iggyman555 Guest

heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Ogden, and if I could have two I think I would want two Ogdens.

Odgen is my vote also.

Blog Entries

Peter Boulware. That dude was a beast. Having Boulware and Suggs getting after the QB would be sick.

Blog Entries

Definitely JO. His new commercial with the mayor is really cool and looks like he can still put on
    a uniform. Looks better than when he played. The o-line definitely needs him.

I'll add one other - Sam Adams. The d-line hasn't been the same since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Who would it be? Obviously at their prime.
    Since you didn't exactly say "former" player ;), and you did stipilate "at their prime" ....

I'll have to say Ray Lewis in his 2000 pre shoulder injury prime.

There is no single Raven player, not even J.O., who would virtually guarantee the current squad a Super Bowl if he came back to the active team roster in his full-on prime other than Mr. Ray Lewis.

The next player that might compliment the current Ravens roster enough to get them to the Big Dance is probably Chris McAllister, who would shut down alot of excellent WR's but would also provide a tremendous amount of run support. When he tackled somebody the dude went down. Probably just slightly behind CMAC in "put-the-Ravens- over-the-SB-edge" potential would be Mike McCrary, who would not only add a bunch of sacks to the equation, but would free up Terrell Suggs to set the edge as well as reak havoc in the enemy backfield.

J.O. would solidify the OL and provide Flacco with a little more time, but our current recievers would still have to get open and would still have to hang onto the football. J.O's contributions would greatly help the Ravens, but it wouldn't add to the SB campaign as much as a Ray, Chris or Michael in their prime at their respective positions, playing with teamates on the current roster.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

nobody said Jamal Lewis...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    nobody said Jamal Lewis...
    Only because I think they all recognize that no former Raven would do better than Ray Rice behind this Oline.
    But I would add, put Jamal Lewis to the Chiefs instead of Priest Holmes and Jamal would have broken every freaking running record that no one could touch. No one wanted to tackle Jamal running free, right at them.

Although pass rush and corner are big needs for this team, got to go with JO. If we had him at LT and Oher back at RT, the edges would be pretty well sealed and allow Flacco to sit back there and have plenty of time to tear defenses apart. That should also help Rice's running as well. Having one of the best LTs to play will also help the offense on the road. Just not having to worry much about his blindside will also give Flacco more confidence to not rush things. The offense would be even better and be able to make up for the defensive shortcomings.

#2 choice I would go with McCrary or Boulware because IMHO a potent pass rush will mask a weakness at corner better than a shutdown corner would when the pass rush is weak.