Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

Boulware and McCrary, no doubt. Maybe the last "fit" and athletic DL the Ravens had.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    Boulware and McCrary, no doubt. Maybe the last "fit" and athletic DL the Ravens had.
    Exactly. They started drafting non athletic fat guys who could stop the run, and non athletic lbs who could stop the run (AD excluded).

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Exactly. They started drafting non athletic fat guys who could stop the run, and non athletic lbs who could stop the run (AD excluded).
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Silly comment. Ray was surrounded by so much more talent that JO ever was (apart from running backs like Jamal and Holmes). Ray is the best ILB to ever play the game IMO, but you cant just say that because the offense was never great like the defense was, that JO isn't a great. Left Tackles can only protect the QB and block for the RB at the end of the day, they can't help an offense the way the Mike LB can help a defense Look at last years SB champs, they had one of the worst starting LT's in the league (David Dielh) yet Eli was running an elite offense.
    You wouldn't need a time machine to replace Ogden. Hell, just trade for Joe Thomas. Lewis on the other hand, either find him a fountain of youth or send a time machine back to get Dick Butkus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Oh come on, Willie Roaf? Anthony Munoz? Heck even Walter Jones and Orlando Pace were pretty close to Ogden. He was a dominant LT, but hardly the best in a generation.
    I don't even want to argue with you because you always take the contrarian view of things.

The players you named were great especially Munoz but JO was on another level. Trust me those guys you mentioned and the teams they played for would've traded them plus picks for JO. As a matter of fact all of them except Walter Jones played for more than one team which showed that at some point their teams simply didn't value them as they once did (In fairness Roaf's situation was more complicated).

As for you alluding to Joe Thomas being on JO's level, I disagree. Thomas is great but he's not a generational player. In addition Munoz and Ogden were like 15 years apart. That's constitutes a generation imo.

Blog Entries

Joe Thomas is a great player, but he is no where near being a first ballot HOFer like JO is. Thomas is not at the level that JO was at, laughable comparing them.

Stevon Moore, he was easily our best safety ever.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Adalius Thomas. He was the major reason we were effective with organized chaos.

My top 5
    1. AD
    2. JO
    3. Jamal Lewis (paired with Ray Rice)
    4. Peter Bouleware
    5. Derrick Mason
    I forgot about AD. He was great here but didn't do so hot after he left, like so many others when they left
    the system.

iggyman555 Guest

ChRiS McCaLisTAh

on offense it's be JO

on defense it would be Peter Boulware ..he and Suggs would be ruthless

11. Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

Offense - Michael Jackson hee hee. Big, athletic WR who could get it done in the redzone because none of our other receivers really can right now.

Defense - tough to choose but I think we're weak at DT, I'd go with a prime Sam Adams. He had such a quick first step for a big guy. Him playing next to Ngata would just be crazy

Blog Entries

Vinny!