Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 88
  1. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    131

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....



    Boulware and McCrary, no doubt. Maybe the last "fit" and athletic DL the Ravens had.




  2. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    Boulware and McCrary, no doubt. Maybe the last "fit" and athletic DL the Ravens had.
    Exactly. They started drafting non athletic fat guys who could stop the run, and non athletic lbs who could stop the run (AD excluded).




  3. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    131

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Exactly. They started drafting non athletic fat guys who could stop the run, and non athletic lbs who could stop the run (AD excluded).
    Completely agree.




  4. #76

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Silly comment. Ray was surrounded by so much more talent that JO ever was (apart from running backs like Jamal and Holmes). Ray is the best ILB to ever play the game IMO, but you cant just say that because the offense was never great like the defense was, that JO isn't a great. Left Tackles can only protect the QB and block for the RB at the end of the day, they can't help an offense the way the Mike LB can help a defense Look at last years SB champs, they had one of the worst starting LT's in the league (David Dielh) yet Eli was running an elite offense.
    You wouldn't need a time machine to replace Ogden. Hell, just trade for Joe Thomas. Lewis on the other hand, either find him a fountain of youth or send a time machine back to get Dick Butkus.




  5. #77

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Oh come on, Willie Roaf? Anthony Munoz? Heck even Walter Jones and Orlando Pace were pretty close to Ogden. He was a dominant LT, but hardly the best in a generation.
    I don't even want to argue with you because you always take the contrarian view of things.

    The players you named were great especially Munoz but JO was on another level. Trust me those guys you mentioned and the teams they played for would've traded them plus picks for JO. As a matter of fact all of them except Walter Jones played for more than one team which showed that at some point their teams simply didn't value them as they once did (In fairness Roaf's situation was more complicated).

    As for you alluding to Joe Thomas being on JO's level, I disagree. Thomas is great but he's not a generational player. In addition Munoz and Ogden were like 15 years apart. That's constitutes a generation imo.




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Joe Thomas is a great player, but he is no where near being a first ballot HOFer like JO is. Thomas is not at the level that JO was at, laughable comparing them.




  7. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Catonsville
    Posts
    266

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Stevon Moore, he was easily our best safety ever.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!




  8. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,216
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Adalius Thomas. He was the major reason we were effective with organized chaos.

    My top 5
    1. AD
    2. JO
    3. Jamal Lewis (paired with Ray Rice)
    4. Peter Bouleware
    5. Derrick Mason
    I forgot about AD. He was great here but didn't do so hot after he left, like so many others when they left
    the system.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  9. #81
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    ChRiS McCaLisTAh




  10. #82
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    60

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    on offense it's be JO

    on defense it would be Peter Boulware ..he and Suggs would be ruthless




  11. #83

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Offense - Michael Jackson hee hee. Big, athletic WR who could get it done in the redzone because none of our other receivers really can right now.

    Defense - tough to choose but I think we're weak at DT, I'd go with a prime Sam Adams. He had such a quick first step for a big guy. Him playing next to Ngata would just be crazy




  12. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,328
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

    Vinny!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland