Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If there was one player you could bring back from the past....

McCrary or Boulware for current team needs.

Boulware had a more consistent career. In his first seven seasons he didn't have less than 7 sacks in any season. ANd had as many as 15, I think. If I remember correctly, McCrary burned brighter for a shorter amount of time. I think he was only with the ravens for 5-6 years. but that champ season was his best...

If it was adding one of the greats back to the team all over again as a rookie, It's got to be Ray or JO with the nod going to Ray for his leadership and longevity. Although, in the new NFL, where offense is king, its would be nice to know your left tackle position is a non concern for 11 straight years.

Wow, looking back, I'm GLAD we have a problem agreeing which great player to bring back!
    WE have been very fortunate.

I will go with the our dominant original blindsideguy and that would be JO.
    My reasoning...in this current "passing" league, giving Joe more time to throw, plus the way JO would push downfield on running plays would definitely help this offense, ESPECIALLY ON THE ROAD.
    Which I think is our biggest problem.
    If our offense played as well on the road, I think we might have ALOT less to complain about (myself included).
    With JO at LT, Oher back at RT, KO at LG, and Yanda at RG. I think we would pass block ALOT better and have a nice push downfield for those 3rd and one or twos.

Could we bring back an in his prime Ed Reed too?!
    He really was incredible back in the day....which was just a few years ago.
    I remember the only way for teams to stop him from blocking a punt was to actually grab and hold him and the refs refusing to call the holding penalty, even when it was blatant.
    But before that, we never knew when he would make that game changing, absolutely incredible, turnover/turnaround play. His closing speed and field vision after getting his hands on the ball was really something to see.
    In his prime, no one was ever like him, IMHO.

I like the idea of two Ray Lewises in the linebacking corp.

But here's a name that hasn't been brought up. Since we're talking about having them in their prime, how about having Deion Sanders and Lardarius Webb at the corners?

I would go;

Boulware
    JO
    Steve Everitt - guy was just nasty, and a little crazy.
    Goose

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If it was just 1 guy it would be Peter Boulware. Boulware + Suggs = the most dominant pass rush in the NFL.
    My thought as well before I even opened the thread.

McCrary is excellent and I love the guy but he is a 4-3 end and wouldn't work in our 3-4.

I count old colts as ravens Johnny Unitis !

JO, by a mile... next question.

I guess I would say Sam Adams would be number two, but I had to think long and hard to even move past number one on this list, as it just jumped out so obviously to me.

And that is considering need of this team.

Blog Entries

McKinney and JJ would be nice right about now too ;(

Brandon Stokely and Matt Stover....for one game in particular.

iggyman555 Guest

heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Ogden, and if I could have two I think I would want two Ogdens.

Odgen is my vote also.

Peter Boulware. That dude was a beast. Having Boulware and Suggs getting after the QB would be sick.

Blog Entries

Definitely JO. His new commercial with the mayor is really cool and looks like he can still put on
    a uniform. Looks better than when he played. The o-line definitely needs him.

I'll add one other - Sam Adams. The d-line hasn't been the same since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Who would it be? Obviously at their prime.
    Since you didn't exactly say "former" player , and you did stipilate "at their prime" ....

I'll have to say Ray Lewis in his 2000 pre shoulder injury prime.

There is no single Raven player, not even J.O., who would virtually guarantee the current squad a Super Bowl if he came back to the active team roster in his full-on prime other than Mr. Ray Lewis.

The next player that might compliment the current Ravens roster enough to get them to the Big Dance is probably Chris McAllister, who would shut down alot of excellent WR's but would also provide a tremendous amount of run support. When he tackled somebody the dude went down. Probably just slightly behind CMAC in "put-the-Ravens- over-the-SB-edge" potential would be Mike McCrary, who would not only add a bunch of sacks to the equation, but would free up Terrell Suggs to set the edge as well as reak havoc in the enemy backfield.

J.O. would solidify the OL and provide Flacco with a little more time, but our current recievers would still have to get open and would still have to hang onto the football. J.O's contributions would greatly help the Ravens, but it wouldn't add to the SB campaign as much as a Ray, Chris or Michael in their prime at their respective positions, playing with teamates on the current roster.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.