Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: what do you attribute the ravens success to?

I attribute the Ravens success based mainly on the players winning the physical 1 on 1 battles on both sides of the ball...whether it is sheer speed or toughness or strength.

Our receivers cannot get separation based on the play design by making one move and that's it.
    So to make a play they have to outmuscle to make the catch, simply run faster to gain a small separation and Joe making a perfect pass.
    Many of Pitta's catches he has a defender drapped over him and Joe threads the ball where he can make the catch.
    Torrey streaking down the field and simply outruns the defender and the pass is right there.
    Boldin and Rice making short comeback routes, and then trying to make a circle move to break free enough to make a first down.
    Jones has to fly down the field and jump as high as he can to grab the ball out of the air.

Many of our running plays are simply stretch plays to either side and the ball carrier looking for a crack to slip through. The quick hitters between the tackles with Leach leading so that Rice bounces through the hole and runs for daylight...that's brute force and some quickness to get through and then run as fast as possible.

Defensively, the differences in coaching from year to year with basically the same type of talent in my opinion dictates the ranking of bending but not breaking or attacking the line of scrimmage.
    Talent of the players has won many a game here, but to go deep and win a trophy requires coaching to place the talent in the best situations to succeed. Not force the players into a system not suited best for them.

Blind Luck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I have a dream that one day my children will see offenses and defenses ranked by points and not by yards.
    Neither is a true measure. Putting 50+ points on the Raiders at home does not make this a great offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I have a dream that one day my children will see offenses and defenses ranked by points and not by yards.
    Wish I said that.