Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oakland wave Aaron Curry, any interest?

Took a peak at the Raiders board; they're pissed. Coaches think he plays out of control and not within a system. If his knees are not the problem, maybe coaching could bring him along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Took a peak at the Raiders board; they're pissed. Coaches think he plays out of control and not within a system. If his knees are not the problem, maybe coaching could bring him along.
    He probably doesn't play within the system because the Oakland system sucks, they are awful. If he came here, he'd have more freedom to play to his strength, and would be playing around world class players like Reed, and Suggs.

But . . . can we pay him anything?

Let's see drafted by the Raiders, traded by the raiders, reacquired by the raiders and cut by the Raiders. That's bad. Definition of a true bust so I'm not sure what a change of scenery here in Baltimore is going to do when we've only got 6 games left. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Let's see drafted by the Raiders, traded by the raiders, reacquired by the raiders and cut by the Raiders. That's bad. Definition of a true bust so I'm not sure what a change of scenery here in Baltimore is going to do when we've only got 6 games left. I'll pass.
    He was drafted by Seattle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He was drafted by Seattle.
    and I think the Raiders still owe them a pick next year for him SMH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He probably doesn't play within the system because the Oakland system sucks, they are awful. If he came here, he'd have more freedom to play to his strength, and would be playing around world class players like Reed, and Suggs.
    Curry had the same issue with the Seahawks. That's why they dumped him. Pete was sick of trying to convince Curry to do what he was supposed to. Finally he had enough and traded him for almost nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Curry had the same issue with the Seahawks. That's why they dumped him. Pete was sick of trying to convince Curry to do what he was supposed to. Finally he had enough and traded him for almost nothing.
    3rd time's a charm?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    3rd time's a charm?

Curry can join Gholston and Maybin in the high 1st round bust club. I wouldn't go near a player who doesn't listen to his coaches.

Blog Entries

Curry can join Gholston and Maybin in the high 1st round bust club. I wouldn't go near a player who doesn't listen to his coaches.
    Maybin seemed to respond to Rex.

Not sure what Curry's deal is. That guy was an outstanding prospect in college. I though he would be a top rated linebacker for a long time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybin seemed to respond to Rex.

Not sure what Curry's deal is. That guy was an outstanding prospect in college. I though he would be a top rated linebacker for a long time.

The Jets cut Maybin again a week ago. Even Rex got tired of his disappearing act.

Curry is a prime example of a great college player who just can't handle the NFL game. In college he was given free reign because he was so physically talented that he would dominate offenses. In the NFL that talent gap is much narrower. You have to play within your assignments but Curry can't seem to get that through his thick head. He wants to freelance and tries to despite what he's told. That attitude will knock him out of this league long before his physical skills decline.

Blog Entries

The Jets cut Maybin again a week ago. Even Rex got tired of his disappearing act.

Curry is a prime example of a great college player who just can't handle the NFL game. In college he was given free reign because he was so physically talented that he would dominate offenses. In the NFL that talent gap is much narrower. You have to play within your assignments but Curry can't seem to get that through his thick head. He wants to freelance and tries to despite what he's told. That attitude will knock him out of this league long before his physical skills decline.
    Good points.

LaVarr Arrington comes to mind. Dude was a DOMINANT player...but the Redskins got tired of him freelancing.