Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oakland wave Aaron Curry, any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good points.

LaVarr Arrington comes to mind. Dude was a DOMINANT player...but the Redskins got tired of him freelancing.
    got tired of his free lancing... or his constantly being injured?

Id certainly take a chance on him. we got the room and the need for a talented player like him. One thing Ray is really good at is teaching guys to watch film and read defenses as to know their assignments. If he does come here, it would be his last shot and I for one think it would work out. Not very often you get a chance at a top 10 pick so easily. Thats assuming he clears waivers too.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Curry definitely needs to understand his role and play that role.

However, how many times do we see (and accept) Ed Reed doing the same thing? Sure, he comes up with the big play here and there...not saying he doesn't...but there are a lot of times where this defense gets absolutely burned and he has been the cause of that because he was free lancing and doing his own thing.

I guess, if I am the front office/coaching staff, does Curry's tendency to freelance outweigh his athleticism and upside? I'm not so sure that it does. Especially for a league minimum deal to provide depth, athleticism, and youth to the ILB position. He has no legs to stand on right now from a monetary stance and is going to have to sign with a team that is interested in depth he can provide down the stretch and possibly what he can provide for next year.

The guy is talented, big, a hard hitter, and has a lot of upside. To me, it would be worth it to sign him to a 2 year deal, minimum salary, with incentives.

You would have a hard time convincing anyone that Curry isn't or can't be better than Ricky Brown or Josh Bynes.

A move like this would also give the Ravens some alleviation in the likelihood that they can't draft a LB like CJ Mosley or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Curry definitely needs to understand his role and play that role.

However, how many times do we see (and accept) Ed Reed doing the same thing? Sure, he comes up with the big play here and there...not saying he doesn't...but there are a lot of times where this defense gets absolutely burned and he has been the cause of that because he was free lancing and doing his own thing.
    Guys like Reed and Polamalu get a pass for freelancing because even though they get burned from time to time, other times it works out great. That's one of the perks of being a HOF safety.

I guess, if I am the front office/coaching staff, does Curry's tendency to freelance outweigh his athleticism and upside? I'm not so sure that it does. Especially for a league minimum deal to provide depth, athleticism, and youth to the ILB position. He has no legs to stand on right now from a monetary stance and is going to have to sign with a team that is interested in depth he can provide down the stretch and possibly what he can provide for next year.
    I agree that playoff depth is crucial. I say bring him in and if his freelancing is really that bad, then cut him. We'd be back where we started.

The guy is talented, big, a hard hitter, and has a lot of upside. To me, it would be worth it to sign him to a 2 year deal, minimum salary, with incentives.

You would have a hard time convincing anyone that Curry isn't or can't be better than Ricky Brown or Josh Bynes.

A move like this would also give the Ravens some alleviation in the likelihood that they can't draft a LB like CJ Mosley or something.
    Agree on all points

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Guys like Reed and Polamalu get a pass for freelancing because even though they get burned from time to time, other times it works out great. That's one of the perks of being a HOF safety.
    Absolutely and you won't hear me knock those guys for their free lancing because more often than not, it does work out in favor of them. I'm just saying, Curry is not the first player to think that he can overcome scheme with his athleticism.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Any chance the final straw in the cut was his late hit on Rice and the penalty?

In a sense another McKinnie where a team has finally had enough and cuts someone with stuff left in the tank but done putting up with the extras?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Not only no, but hell no. Why do we always want to pick up other teams busts?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Cause he'd be an upgrade over the depth we have and potentially an upgrade over McClain.

Blog Entries

Sometimes a new organization can do a talented player a world of good. The Orioles just took a bunch of players that could have been called busts for other teams and got them to perform to the level of making them a playoff team. If Curry's knees are ok, I would love for the Ravens to take a chance with him. Low risk, potentially high reward.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Cause he'd be an upgrade over the depth we have and potentially an upgrade over McClain.
    Did you get into Day-Day's stash???:ww:

The guy can barely get on the field, and when he does, he plays poorly and foolishly. The freakin Raiders just cut him, an awful team. They're awful because they have too many bad players. Pass.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Did you get into Day-Day's stash???:ww:

The guy can barely get on the field, and when he does, he plays poorly and foolishly. The freakin Raiders just cut him, an awful team. They're awful because they have too many bad players. Pass.
    Here.....

We can't judge what the Raider's did as an indication of his talent... they did trade away most of their future draft picks for Carson Palmer, ya know...

I just think if he's healthy, for a cheap contract he'd be good depth and if he's willing to be coached an upgrade over MCClain

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm certainly not going o judge a guy based upon what the Raiders opinion is,lol.

But yes absolutely I'd bring him in.

Blog Entries

Lets all agree, just because the Raiders released him, it has nothing to do with how they guy can actually play. our latest FA came from the Raiders and was released after he played his best ball of his career. good players on bad teams can still look like bad players. Also the reason why our own FAs that leave typically arent as good, a good team can make a bad player better. Imo, its totally worth the low risk involved.
    -JAB