Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Reed won appeal! will still get fined

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Considering we've beaten them 3 in a row and we are setting the stage to win the division two years in a row, I am positive we are in the Steeler fans heads much more than they are in ours. The tide has turned and our years of playing little brother to the big bad Steelers is over.
    And I loved Harbaughs speech post game - "the better team won that game. The tougher team won that game."

http://www.bmob.us/4ah

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Nfl needs to fine offensive players for causing helmet to helmet hits due to their being afraid of getting creamed.
    Something tells me you'd be playing a different tune if the two players involved were Ryan Clark and Torrey Smith.

Reed, IMHO, is worth about 3-7 points (if I were betting)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    funny I was looking on there today to see what they were saying, of course a lot of douches were talking all that good shit about Reed but surprisingly some of them felt it was unfair.
    I just got done reading through that Steelers thread and I have to give them credit....more than 50% felt Reed's suspension was BS. They know he's not a dirty player and it's just one more piece of evidence that the NFL is ruining football. Gone are the days of old school style football.... physical, hard hitting, and gritty. I'm all for player safety but the NFL is going overboard with their rules and turning football into a pansy game. It's utterly ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Something tells me you'd be playing a different tune if the two players involved were Ryan Clark and Torrey Smith.
    I wouldn't. I've seen hits by Steelers I thought shouldn't have been penalized- including Harrison. While I get the league's desire to increase player safety, they're taking it too far, imo. What they are going to end up getting is a bunch of knee injuries as defensive players spear the knees to avoid getting hit with a fine if the receiver lowers his head.

It's one thing to say "don't launch yourself." It's another to make coming up to make a tackle or, hopefully, jar the ball loose while the reciever is catching it, a risk of getting fined or suspended. Had Reed gone for the knees, he could have ended Sanders's career and kept his money. I don't think that's what the league wants, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I just got done reading through that Steelers thread and I have to give them credit....more than 50% felt Reed's suspension was BS. They know he's not a dirty player and it's just one more piece of evidence that the NFL is ruining football. Gone are the days of old school style football.... physical, hard hitting, and gritty. I'm all for player safety but the NFL is going overboard with their rules and turning football into a pansy game. It's utterly ridiculous.
    yeah, it's pretty bad that you can't get pumped up for a big hit anymore. instead of getting fired up by those two ball-jarring hits on the last drive, i was just praying to myself "no flags, no flags, no flags." and its even gotten to the point where the receiver will just lay there for a couple seconds after the hit in seeming pain and get a way late flag thrown

Blog Entries

It was only a couple or 3 years ago that they would do the "He got Jacked Up!" segments .... now its taboo

Good news. The fine is BS. Either guilty or not. He is halfway guilty? By the rule, the is guilty, no? I don't get it. And does the league ever release an explanation of things? Everything they do seems to behind closed doors by issued decree.

The league is screwy. What sucks for Ed is now he has to play half-ass. An accidental helmet-to-helmet could land him in some real hot water. I wonder if the league is going to be more liberal with appeals now? Who was the last to win one?

I disagree. I think most think it was unfair. The same that I think. Reed was just earning his reputation and money. Big hits, shaking trying to shake the ball loose and forcing fumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    funny I was looking on there today to see what they were saying, of course a lot of douches were talking all that good shit about Reed but surprisingly some of them felt it was unfair.

Blog Entries

This doesn't pass the smell test. But I am glad.

Blog Entries

The NFL really needs to reevaluate this rule, it was obviously a knee jerk and unplanned rule. You see it all the time, receiver dips his head and scrunches up in anticipation of the hit, so now instead of the chest your hitting the helmet. I can understand the spearing and using your helmet like a missle but cmon.

I am glad Ed will play against Rivers and the Chargers, but the league needs to be more consistent with how they are going to enforce these rules, if they do intend on enforcing them. Either suspend everyone who does it, or don't suspend anyone. You can't always prove or disprove intent, so I don't think that should have anything to do with the punishment unless a player says some really ignorant things about it like Harrison did last year.

I love football, and I don't need to see major concussions or broken necks to enjoy a game. I think there is some pussification in the way Tom Brady and other poster boy QBs always gets a free 1st down every time they are looked at cross eyed. At the same time, other less popular QB get rattled all the time with no flags. In the same way, the league needs to be more consistent on how they enforce those rules.