Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Steelers sign Burress

What's the PA law on concealed carry?

2. Re: Steelers sign Burress

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't know why he has been available for so long. Low risk signing, could work out for both parties
    One-trick pony, jump ball/end zone fade guy which is useful for sure but not many teams can afford to carry a #3 or #4 receiver who doesn't play special teams.

Blog Entries

They should have signed Chad Ochopsycho Johnson too to make it interesting.

I bet the "stiller nation" is excited about this one. lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

It's a good signing for them. He and Roethlisberger are pals. Roethlisberger was never real pleased when they let him go.

He brings an element of height and size that the Steelers haven't had since...well...him. He is also a very good run blocker.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

And why not? He has experience, he is a physical receiver, he has experience in the Steeler system, and he has a SB ring. Who else is there? I bet he makes some plays in the coming weeks. Especially if BR comes back in time to throw him the ball. I bet he notches a few TD's. Miller and Burress would be a great RZ tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I bet the "stiller nation" is excited about this one. lol

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

R-title-
    I was gonna post that Pitt may have shot themselves in the foot (missing their Johnson by a foot or so) with signing Plexiglass, but ya beat me to the punch (AND, your post is probably a lot funnier!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    And why not? He has experience, he is a physical receiver, he has experience in the Steeler system, and he has a SB ring. Who else is there? I bet he makes some plays in the coming weeks. Especially if BR comes back in time to throw him the ball. I bet he notches a few TD's. Miller and Burress would be a great RZ tandem.
    The Steelers offense is completely different than the one they ran when Plax was last with the team. He'll have no advantage in a Haley dink and dunk system.

A 6'5" tall wide receiver is perfect for dinking and dunking on the opponent's 10 yard line. Additionally, Ben R is one of the best improvisers, I would trust him to get any receiver the ball under any circumstances. And, they have nothing to lose. Half the team is out.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Steelers offense is completely different than the one they ran when Plax was last with the team. He'll have no advantage in a Haley dink and dunk system.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    What's the PA law on concealed carry?
    I know you are only joking, but since you asked, he would be ineligible for a PA License To Carry Firearms due to his felony conviction.

On the other hand, how does this fit with the steeler fan meme of the steelers only signing players of good character?

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    A 6'5" tall wide receiver is perfect for dinking and dunking on the opponent's 10 yard line. Additionally, Ben R is one of the best improvisers, I would trust him to get any receiver the ball under any circumstances. And, they have nothing to lose. Half the team is out.
    Only problem there is Ben is officially out.

Blog Entries

He'll be solid red zone threat. Will he stay for a while is the question.