Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Dennis Dixon tells Steelers he'd rather be on Ravens practice squad than Steelers 53

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Pretty savvy move on the part of the Ravens FO to sign Dixon to the practice squad right after Big Ben was hurt. The Steelers could use him right now.

Obi 1 Jabroni aka Byron look alike Gary Coleman Leftwich is done. I think the Steelers dropped the ball with the back up QB SITUATION.
    He'd help them to an extent, but the Steelers offense now isn't the same one Dixon ran when he was there.

I guess they could revert to the old offense - it's better than someone coming in completely cold - but Dixon doesn't know Haley's system any better than any other QB the Steelers bring in.

Bottom line is as long as Roethlisberger is out the Steelers are going to struggle no matter who else is under center.

Re: Dennis Dixon tells Steelers he'd rather be on Ravens practice squad than Steelers 53

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    He'd help them to an extent, but the Steelers offense now isn't the same one Dixon ran when he was there.

I guess they could revert to the old offense - it's better than someone coming in completely cold - but Dixon doesn't know Haley's system any better than any other QB the Steelers bring in.

Bottom line is as long as Roethlisberger is out the Steelers are going to struggle no matter who else is under center.

In my opinion, it was probably a purely strategic move for him, and has to do with practice squad eligibility. The only reason that he's able to stay on a PS despite playing for a few years is because his number of active games is low enough. If he's active for a couple more games, he'll be ineligble for the PS. He probably wants to stay on the PS until a legitimate gig comes along where he'll be on the roster for more than a few games.

That's all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    In my opinion, it was probably a purely strategic move for him, and has to do with practice squad eligibility. The only reason that he's able to stay on a PS despite playing for a few years is because his number of active games is low enough. If he's active for a couple more games, he'll be ineligble for the PS. He probably wants to stay on the PS until a legitimate gig comes along where he'll be on the roster for more than a few games.

That's all I can think of.
    Actually that makes a lot of sense. I forgot about losing eligibility if you're active for too many games. That's why the Steelers had to cut Baron Batch - he's been active too many times to go back to the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    haha, totally agreed, I still don't get the Considine signing, he's terrible.
    He was brought here to play ST and not safety. I think he has played very little safety. BTW, look at the JJ punt return and see one of the blocks that sprung him. You may feel just a little better about Considine.
    BTW, I would have prefered we kept Gorrer, but the special teams are helping us win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Things did not end well in Pittsburgh with Dennis Dixon. There was word that Dixon was not a very receptive player to coaching. There was word that Dixon felt he should have received more of a fair chance to be the back up to Roethlisberger than what was given.
    Dude is sick & tired of the Steelers implying that Choo-Choo Charlie Batch is a better NFL QB than Dixon is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe the guy just likes Baltimore better than Shittsburgh....
    LOL - All the Ravens hate Pissburgh. I read where Reed didn't even talk to Hiney in the locker room at
    the Pro Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I read where Reed didn't even talk to Hiney in the locker room at the Pro Bowl.
    Considering the innumerable blindside cheap shots Whines delivered when the refs weren't looking--including a memorable one to Reed--he's lucky Ed didn't come up behind him & "accidentally" shove his face through a closed window. Then again the coward probably spent the entire week like NFL QBs--making sure he knew where #20 was at all times. And never turning his back on him.