Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dennis Dixon tells Steelers he'd rather be on Ravens practice squad than Steelers 53

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hey, hes a Raven and hates the Steelers... i cant really fault him for that.
    At least he's intelligent then

Re: Dennis Dixon tells Steelers he'd rather be on Ravens practice squad than Steelers 53

Maybe Dixon is secretly planning some kind of attack on Flacco... If not it's an odd move.

if the ravens like tyrod taylor more than dixon then dixon must not be worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    if the ravens like tyrod taylor more than dixon then dixon must not be worth much.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Let's face it. As far as the QB depth chart is concerned Dennis Dixon was always going to be a distant #3 on both depth charts. I think he just likes his situation in Baltimore better given we are legitimate superbowl contenders while the Steelers may very well limp in or out of the playoff picture.
    Pittsburgh is just as much of a Super Bowl contender as Baltimore is. Who's going to take over their wild card spot? Miami? Them in the playoffs with a healthy Ben is just as dangerous as any team in the AFC.

Dixon probably is sick and tired of the instability, and just wants a place to stay for more than a few months.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Remember also that he played against our D :)

I think here he sees himself as 3rd with a shot at 2nd

There he was 4th behind Jen-Left-Batch

no real shot there, here he can see the possibility (of course injury scenario) but he is closer here in addition to the organisation's rep with players.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Let me just toss out an idea:

Dixon already knows the PGH organization isn't zackly enamored of him & that as soon as they have 2 other QBs who can play, he's gone.

Except that he has to stay on that roster for 3 weeks minimum--league rules.

Starting QBs get hurt all the time in this league. (Alex Smith, Cutler, Pig Ben, etc.) Who knows which one will go down next?

Maybe Dixon is thinking that his best chance of actually playing--& thereby having an opportunity to parlay it into something longer & more remunerative than 3 weeks at the veteran minimum--is to stay on the Ravens practice squad (where he's still getting paid & practicing & staying in shape) & wait for some team to call.

If Dixon thinks he can still play well enough to justify some team giving him a regular contract, then he needs to be picked up by a team that will offer him the chance to show that to them & be open to making him a longer-term offer if/when he does.

He already knows that the Stealers won't--& joining them as a short-term rental takes him out of the pool for 3 weeks minimum.

He (& his agent) may figure that it's worth taking the pay cut to stay available if such a chance arises.

And if not, he's still part of a top-notch probably-playoff-bound :crosses fingers: organization here. (Who knows, the Ravens might already have promised him a share of the postseason loot if he sticks around.)

Does this make sense to anyone but me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Definitely makes sense.
    If a team out of contention loses a QB, I'm sure Dixon would be an attractive candidate to bring in and get a good look-see.... I mean would a team rather bring in a player like him with upside? or a stop-gap Painter?

Cards have to fall right for him, but I can see what you are saying, he has positioned himself for the best case scenario if it happens. Squealers was a dead-end bust
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Let me just toss out an idea:

Dixon already knows the PGH organization isn't zackly enamored of him & that as soon as they have 2 other QBs who can play, he's gone.

Except that he has to stay on that roster for 3 weeks minimum--league rules.

Starting QBs get hurt all the time in this league. (Alex Smith, Cutler, Pig Ben, etc.) Who knows which one will go down next?

Maybe Dixon is thinking that his best chance of actually playing--& thereby having an opportunity to parlay it into something longer & more remunerative than 3 weeks at the veteran minimum--is to stay on the Ravens practice squad (where he's still getting paid & practicing & staying in shape) & wait for some team to call.

If Dixon thinks he can still play well enough to justify some team giving him a regular contract, then he needs to be picked up by a team that will offer him the chance to show that to them & be open to making him a longer-term offer if/when he does.

He already knows that the Stealers won't--& joining them as a short-term rental takes him out of the pool for 3 weeks minimum.

He (& his agent) may figure that it's worth taking the pay cut to stay available if such a chance arises.

And if not, he's still part of a top-notch probably-playoff-bound :crosses fingers: organization here. (Who knows, the Ravens might already have promised him a share of the postseason loot if he sticks around.)

yes, but did you really need to write a book to say that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Are we still complaining about special teams signings and roster decisions after watching how well they are performing this year? I think Considine is earning every penny of his contract and has earned his spot on the team.
    He (Considine) had one of the key blocks that helped spring Jacoby Jones for the winning TD this past Sunday.

Just sayin...
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    yes, but did you really need to write a book to say that lol.
    I was working out the rationale as I was typing. You want your electrons back, talk to my Guangdong lawyer, Su Mi. :p

Blog Entries

Pretty savvy move on the part of the Ravens FO to sign Dixon to the practice squad right after Big Ben was hurt. The Steelers could use him right now.

Obi 1 Jabroni aka Byron look alike Gary Coleman Leftwich is done. I think the Steelers dropped the ball with the back up QB SITUATION.