Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

birk is looking more and more like Flynn in his last days here, He has been getting manhandled since last year actually, I don't know how they graded him that well last season when he was still getting pushed 5yrds back. This year he's either on the ground or 10yrds behind the line.

Blog Entries

Birk like Flynn has his brain extending his career past his body.

I've seen 2 schools of thought on centers.
    You get the best beast possible to control NTs or you get good and give help.

Here are the Centers drafted in the first round since the Ravens came into existance
    Mike Pouncey(2011) Maurkice Pouncey(2010) Alex Mack(2009) Eric Wood(2009 2 separate leg injuries) Nick Mangold(2006)
    Chris Spencer(2005) Jeff Faine (2003) Damien Woody (1999)

Spencer was a reach in the 1st he and Jason Brown (4th round Ravens) were the projected best C.

That is a total of 8 and we can probably say 2 were reaches (Spencer, Wood)

Best player means we won't be seeing a C (Peter Konz 2nd round recently) until the relative differences blurrs.... I think Gino was a nice Flyer to try... going to be interesting draft time.

Thanks leachisabeast, nice analysis.
    My gut is saying thar Oher is very adequate LT and pro-bowl RT.
    I wonder if KO can learn to snap :)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

2013 Oline (?) without draft choices :

Oher - Reid - GG - Yanda - KO... or perhaps that's our Oline this playoff season...Hmmm ... Bc

Blog Entries

They're going to ride Birk until they can't anymore.

Which, IMO, should be after this season. Dude just doesn't have the legs anymore to handle those big boys.

It's not just Casey Hampton. He was abused by Vince Wilfork last year too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Birk is done. I know everyone defends him because he is a great guy and does a lot off the field, but it's time to hang it up. He is 90% of the reason why we can't run the ball.

What board do you read? The consensus is that he's got one foot in retirement and the other on a banana peel. Most posters just recognize that 60% of Matt Birk is still our best option at the moment.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    What board do you read? The consensus is that he's got one foot in retirement and the other on a banana peel. Most posters just recognize that 60% of Matt Birk is still our best option at the moment.
    You must attend a lot of practices to be able to make that assessment. Lucky you! I'd love to go to the castle for just one, much less every single one.

By saying "everyone" defends him, as shocking as this sounds, there are Ravens fans outside of this forum.

You claim "everyone" defends him on a board in which virtually everyone agrees he's on his way out, and then get pissy and insist you meant "everyone, except this board" and we all should have read your mind.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You claim "everyone" defends him on a board in which virtually everyone agrees he's on his way out, and then get pissy and insist you meant "everyone, except this board" and we all should have read your mind.
    IDK what he's on about either. The only people who I see defend him are legit scouting websites who grade individual players on a play by play basis. I see a ton of unfair criticism on Birk that isn't warranted half the time, but it is true that he is getting too old, and needs to pack it in after this year if he's going to have performances like this in the big games.

Anybody seen anything from Ben Jones or Phillip Blake so far this year? We picked GG over him and I always criticized the pick because I thought Jones and Blake were better options. I love Blake, but that's probably because I'm Canadian, gotta support the 1 of 10 nflers haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Anybody seen anything from Ben Jones or Phillip Blake so far this year? We picked GG over him and I always criticized the pick because I thought Jones and Blake were better options. I love Blake, but that's probably because I'm Canadian, gotta support the 1 of 10 nflers haha
    Blake is berried on the Broncos depth chart as the third choice right guard, he isn't even listed as center on the depth chart.

Ben Jones is actually starting at right guard for the Texans and is just terrible, I'm really surprised the Texans haven't got someone else yet.

Blog Entries

On birk, when he snaps the ball in the shotgun, he checks the qb and then snaps, in rhythm.. Everytime. It was getting a bit predictable at the steeler DEs were getting the jump on the snap. Everytime. I was going nuts watching it.

Until crucially in 4th quarter when they were finally caught offsides.

Maybe coincidence, maybe played the DEs and set them up for it..

Any thoughts?