Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,834
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game



    They're going to ride Birk until they can't anymore.

    Which, IMO, should be after this season. Dude just doesn't have the legs anymore to handle those big boys.

    It's not just Casey Hampton. He was abused by Vince Wilfork last year too.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,559
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Birk is done. I know everyone defends him because he is a great guy and does a lot off the field, but it's time to hang it up. He is 90% of the reason why we can't run the ball.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    What board do you read? The consensus is that he's got one foot in retirement and the other on a banana peel. Most posters just recognize that 60% of Matt Birk is still our best option at the moment.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,559
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    What board do you read? The consensus is that he's got one foot in retirement and the other on a banana peel. Most posters just recognize that 60% of Matt Birk is still our best option at the moment.
    You must attend a lot of practices to be able to make that assessment. Lucky you! I'd love to go to the castle for just one, much less every single one.

    By saying "everyone" defends him, as shocking as this sounds, there are Ravens fans outside of this forum.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    You claim "everyone" defends him on a board in which virtually everyone agrees he's on his way out, and then get pissy and insist you meant "everyone, except this board" and we all should have read your mind.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You claim "everyone" defends him on a board in which virtually everyone agrees he's on his way out, and then get pissy and insist you meant "everyone, except this board" and we all should have read your mind.
    IDK what he's on about either. The only people who I see defend him are legit scouting websites who grade individual players on a play by play basis. I see a ton of unfair criticism on Birk that isn't warranted half the time, but it is true that he is getting too old, and needs to pack it in after this year if he's going to have performances like this in the big games.




  7. #22

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Anybody seen anything from Ben Jones or Phillip Blake so far this year? We picked GG over him and I always criticized the pick because I thought Jones and Blake were better options. I love Blake, but that's probably because I'm Canadian, gotta support the 1 of 10 nflers haha




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Anybody seen anything from Ben Jones or Phillip Blake so far this year? We picked GG over him and I always criticized the pick because I thought Jones and Blake were better options. I love Blake, but that's probably because I'm Canadian, gotta support the 1 of 10 nflers haha
    Blake is berried on the Broncos depth chart as the third choice right guard, he isn't even listed as center on the depth chart.

    Ben Jones is actually starting at right guard for the Texans and is just terrible, I'm really surprised the Texans haven't got someone else yet.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    128
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    On birk, when he snaps the ball in the shotgun, he checks the qb and then snaps, in rhythm.. Everytime. It was getting a bit predictable at the steeler DEs were getting the jump on the snap. Everytime. I was going nuts watching it.

    Until crucially in 4th quarter when they were finally caught offsides.

    Maybe coincidence, maybe played the DEs and set them up for it..

    Any thoughts?




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    nice analysis Leach; and my eye test sure saw Birk getting handled. You may be a little kind overall; that Oline struggled in my view, but I didn't go back and look at tape or stats later.

    Are you primarily relying on stats?
    Ditto.

    The o-line was one reason why Rice couldn't run. Rice was the other reason.




  11. #26

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    i watched the game on nfl rewind and concur with your birk comment.he was road kill against hampton.

    i wish oher would stay on his blocks longer.his assignment seems to work back to the ball a lot.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,559
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My individual Olineman grades from the Steelers game

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You claim "everyone" defends him on a board in which virtually everyone agrees he's on his way out, and then get pissy and insist you meant "everyone, except this board" and we all should have read your mind.
    So again, I am failing to see how saying "everyone" would cause anyone to read that as "everyone on this board." To reiterate, there are more Ravens fans out there than the posters here. I listen to Ravens talk radio every day. Tons of people and most hosts defend him. Preston even defends him.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Everyone means everyone. If you meant some people on the radio, then you should have said that.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland