Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Jacoby Jones TD Dance GIF

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Send your complaints to ESPN,Comcast and the NFLN. Until they stop showing it players are going to celebrate.

This also has nothing to do about being classy. High fives and hugging each other can be construed as being over the top.

Just hand the ball to the ref and go back to the bench. Treat it like its your job.

Might wanna add BR.com to your list. They have a pretty nice little segment featuring his dances. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/ <---- go to recent to view as there is no option to give direct link

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I guess it depends on the situation IMO. You sometimes see guys down 3 scores and still celebrating, on that I call BS.
    I agree with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    My feeling is more that to dance around and say "look at me" after making a good play is boastful and unattractive. It makes me feel uncomfortable. But I'm an old guy. I grew up on Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry. Can anyone imagine Berry doing a moonwalk in the endzone after a td? I know, times were different. Everything evolves. We all have different opinions on this kind of stuff. I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong. It's just a matter of personal taste is all.
    Mickey, I for one am pretty much with you. I'd be far more impressed if they just handed the ball to the ref as they did back in the old days.

But we oldsters have to recognize that times change. The NFL is simply a reflection of society at large, which glorifies the whole "look at me" phenomenon in a way that our generation didn't. I may find some end zone antics mildly annoying on occasion, but as long as it's not unsportsmanlike there isn't any real harm. We're still watching the NFL after all these years, so it can't be all that bad, right? But I do agree with Paintballguy about the whole celebration after routine plays. That has really gotten ridiculous.

Blog Entries

I loved the 63 yard dance he did prior to the TD dance in the end-zone. Let's call it the "6 point dance"... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 11-20-2012 at 09:02 PM.

5. Re: Jacoby Jones TD Dance GIF

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I disagree. It's a game. I say celebrate all you want on TD's. The issue I have is when guys go nuts after a routine play.
    This.

Just make the play and get on with it. If it's a 3rd/4th down; game-ending/winning play, then celebrate. Otherwise, STFU!
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that Jones' performace was The Dance Number Of The Beast?!?

Yeah, I remember Gastineau doing his sack dance as the loose fumble rolled around. More interested in self promotion than playing football. Embarrassing.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Jacoby is good. But the best dancing Ravens was Kelley Washington.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

It's a shame the video doesn't show the MONSTER block Ihedigbo laid on someone... :hammer: