Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Jacoby Jones TD Dance GIF

Seriously? You all love this kinda stuff? I always wish the guy that scores would just be classy about it and jog back to the sideline, maybe give a high five to someone. Seems like pretty soon, there will be a 2 minute period after a score for the theatrics to take place. There will be complicated line dances in the end zone, along with tumbling acts.

I still get a kick out of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6mqJDMlI4

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    Seriously? You all love this kinda stuff? I always wish the guy that scores would just be classy about it and jog back to the sideline, maybe give a high five to someone. Seems like pretty soon, there will be a 2 minute period after a score for the theatrics to take place. There will be complicated line dances in the end zone, along with tumbling acts.
    It's a game. It's fun.

Can't. They will result in 15 yard unsportsman like penalties .

That's one thing that helped the Stoolers beat the Chiefs...

Send your complaints to ESPN,Comcast and the NFLN. Until they stop showing it players are going to celebrate.

This also has nothing to do about being classy. High fives and hugging each other can be construed as being over the top.

Just hand the ball to the ref and go back to the bench. Treat it like its your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Send your complaints to ESPN,Comcast and the NFLN. Until they stop showing it players are going to celebrate.

This also has nothing to do about being classy. High fives and hugging each other can be construed as being over the top.

Just hand the ball to the ref and go back to the bench. Treat it like its your job.
    So you don't do things that are considered fun while on the job? I'm sure everyone has danced a little while on the job. lol I don't know of a single person that lives by the "ALL work and NO play" saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    So you don't do things that are considered fun while on the job? I'm sure everyone has danced a little while on the job. lol I don't know of a single person that lives by the "ALL work and NO play" saying.
    There are a lot of boring people out there though.

My feeling is more that to dance around and say "look at me" after making a good play is boastful and unattractive. It makes me feel uncomfortable. But I'm an old guy. I grew up on Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry. Can anyone imagine Berry doing a moonwalk in the endzone after a td? I know, times were different. Everything evolves. We all have different opinions on this kind of stuff. I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong. It's just a matter of personal taste is all.

Blog Entries

for a guy that scores a lot (RB, WR) I kind of agree they should limit the celebration. But to bust open a defensive game with a kick return for a TD, dance man dance!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    for a guy that scores a lot (RB, WR) I kind of agree they should limit the celebration. But to bust open a defensive game with a kick return for a TD, dance man dance!
    I disagree. It's a game. I say celebrate all you want on TD's. The issue I have is when guys go nuts after a routine play.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I disagree. It's a game. I say celebrate all you want on TD's. The issue I have is when guys go nuts after a routine play.
    Hey look at me I made a tackle!!! Holy crap!

Blog Entries

I guess it depends on the situation IMO. You sometimes see guys down 3 scores and still celebrating, on that I call BS.