Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

The continued pussification of the NFL. The NFL won't be happy until they are all wearing tutu's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Basically just Ed Reed being a thug. He either can't or won't tackle anymore and is more of a liability out there than an asset. This is actually doing the Ravens a favor - forcing the team to put a better athelete on the field for the Chargers game at least.
    And you sir, have become one of the most misguided people on this board. It's sad to see really.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Please identify that better athelete. I'll wait.....
    Oh boy here we go!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    A quick Google search shows Clark with two defenseless receiver penalties this year and I remember he had one on Dickson last year, so where is his suspension? That's with like 3 minutes of research.

I'm sure Clark isn't the only one, too. Reed will win his appeal.
    And people wonder why Ravens fans think the NFL hates the Ravens.

Say what you want. I'm glad he is suspended. I just wish it was for the rest on the season. He's playing on reputation alone. Can't cover, can't tackle and never makes a big play when we need it. Oh yeah and he's always hurt or at least thats what he says. Hes the garbage man makes interceptions on 4 and 20 with a 20 point lead. Still guesses wrong 75% of the time and thats been going on for years now. Would much rather see a young player back there next year for sure. We are ranked near the bottom in pass defense so he isn't "lighting it up" back there.

Blog Entries

What's so funny is that without that Reed return the Ravens don't win the game last night. Most players would have gone down once they picked up the ball. Reed put them in position for the field goal by again making something out of nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not sure I understand this one. I'm sure the Ravens have people going through these types of penalties over the past few years to find others who have had "three in three years" or whatever the criteria is, but haven't been suspended.

I can not believe that Reed is the first guy to accumulate three of them over a three year period since this has been a point of emphasis. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't seem likely...
    Is your sig meme really fair? I mean, throwing a pass short of the first down marks is really not something Flacco has been very guilty of. Last night's game was the first time in a while that it happened multiple times.

The NFLPA is in a pickle if they try to appeal this aren't they?

The NFL is gonna point to safety as the reason for the suspension.

Will the NFLPA fight that?

PP

Can't see how he could win. The rules are black and white. Helmet to helmet is a penalty. Three retreat offences in three years is a ban. He's met both of them.

You can argue the rule, but the enforcement was correct per the rule, and to overturn this you'd be admitting an issue with the rule.

Won't happen.

Any of the other 52 guys on the team WHO CAN TACKLE - a skill Ed Reed hasn't demonstrated in years.

Fuck Merton Hank

Blog Entries
    Well ...that's fucked up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Say what you want. I'm glad he is suspended. I just wish it was for the rest on the season. He's playing on reputation alone. Can't cover, can't tackle and never makes a big play when we need it. Oh yeah and he's always hurt or at least thats what he says. Hes the garbage man makes interceptions on 4 and 20 with a 20 point lead. Still guesses wrong 75% of the time and thats been going on for years now. Would much rather see a young player back there next year for sure. We are ranked near the bottom in pass defense so he isn't "lighting it up" back there.
    Well, you'll get your wish and it'll probably be Ihedigbo(sp). I think you are going to see exactly what a guy like Reed, (who lives on reputation ) actually causes opposing QB's to do. He shuts down almost half the backfield and when he is in there, they will throw on this defense at will. As bad as Rivers has been playing lately, I can guarantee you he is happy about this.