Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

Was always going to happen. It was just so out of the blue that too many people were questioning it's legitimacy

Justice properly served :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ed will win his appeal, book it. The media is making a mockery of the hit and suspension right now. He NEVER hit with his helmet in slow mo video or still shots. Plus, Ed is not a head hunter. The MNF countdown crew made a mockery of it. Cant see them taking a a half million away for that hit. No intent to harm has every been shown by Ed. Unlike quotes from Harrison, Clark and Suh.
    nice call

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Neat.

Good. While his hit was illegal, a 1 game suspension and 500K lost is unprecedented and unjust.

I do think the NFL still got it's message across though. This is a warning shot across the bow.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Awesome!! :happyanim

My guess is a compromise, he gets a fine. Not suspension or loss of gamecheck. If I were him I would appeal as he is doing. I wouldnt want to lose a gamecheck for that BS.
    I should go to Vegas.

Blog Entries

I should go to Vegas.
    Who should I take in the game tonight Toledo -19 vs Akron?

Blog Entries

got damn yall fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I think a suspension is a bit harsh, but I'm not going to pretend that that was a clean hit or that the league is just looking for an excuse to punish Ed.

Head injuries are a major focus right now and the commissioner has good reason to want to limit the use of the helmet as a weapon. As for people claiming this is "pussifying the game" I wonder if they'd feel that way if they understood just how much these players are risking by stepping on the field. Think of Junior Seau and John Mackey before you complain about efforts to reduce head trauma.
    I do understand head trauma's and how the effect the game. I have an advanced degree in healthcare, my wife is a published author specifically in the field of ABI (acquired brain injury) and for all the John Mackey's and Junior Seau's of the world, there are tens of thousands of people who played football and other contact sports that have little or no ill effects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    It doesn't matter when Ed started lowering his head, the very act of lowering your head and lunging forward with the crown of your helmet in front is no longer acceptable in the NFL. Watch clips of Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks tackling to see perfect form. Head up, shoulders square, lead with the shoulder and face. If you can't see what you're hitting, you're doing it wrong.
    You mean like the one he hit Ocho Cinco a few years back? Please...you can't detach a guys head from his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    ... or lead with his shoulder, which he used to do. I think his shoulder/neck issues are affecting the way he tackles, which is also why he doesn't tackle as well as he used to.
    If you look at the hit honestly, Reed is attempting to hit his left shoulder(like you said he used to) in the middle of Sanders' body as Sanders turns and faces him. Sanders braces for the impact which makes his trunk flex forward and bring his head down and their helmets hit after their shoulders do, because their heads are in fact attached to their shoulders and usually aren't separable from their bodies....Their is no contact with the crown of the helmet as you assert, their face masks collide.

Look I don't think there was any conspiracy to single out Ed Reed in this instance. I think that the league decided to make an example out of him because it was a nationally televised game and many people saw it.

If the NFL was really concerned with player safety they would be fining everything that happens "in the trenches". Have you seen what lineman do to each other every snap? Did you see that nasty cut block on Casey Hampton they highlighted by Marshall Yanda? You think a 300lb guy hitting you on the back of the knee isn't potentially life altering? You think a 295lb defensive end hitting a helmet to helmet with a 345lb tackle 65 times a game isn't causing SIGNIFICANT trauma to the brain? What about running backs? It's okay for a 260lb linebacker to hit them in the helmet all day long, but they are worrying about player safety... They are simply trying to cover their asses right now because of the lawyers.