Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I agree with this. The hit on Brees was probably called because it was Drew Brees. If he hits the Browns QB like that, there is probably no flag. The hits against the Pats and Steelers were most definitely rule violations.
    To be clear, the Roughing-the-Passer call on Reed against Brees was correctly called on the field; and it would/should get called versus any QB. You just cannot touch a QB anywhere near the head.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    ... or lead with his shoulder, which he used to do. I think his shoulder/neck issues are affecting the way he tackles, which is also why he doesn't tackle as well as he used to.
    He hasn't changed, the game has.

Watch this video...

Hits he would get flagged for now occur at:
    0:15
    1:39 Clean hit but there would be a 50% chance of a flag thrown today
    1:43

Yeah Ed sucks at wrap up tackling now but that has nothing to do with separating a receiver from the ball. Ed is not dirty and does not play with the intent to injure. Ed does not launch himself (leave his feet, throwing his body like a projectile) in any of the hits he has laid.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He hasn't changed, the game has.
    Yeah Ed sucks at wrap up tackling now but that has nothing to do with separating a receiver from the ball. Ed is not dirty and does not play with the intent to injure. Ed does not launch himself (leave his feet, throwing his body like a projectile) in any of the hits he has laid.
    Can't watch YouTube atm, sorry.

Ed Reed does not wrap up with fundamentally sound tackles the way he used to.

Every time I've discussed this since it came up (not here, but with others) I hear "Ed is not dirty and does not play with the intent to injure," or something like it.

I never said he does. He can play with respect for the other players and with respect for the game and still go high-to-high and nail an opposing WR with his helmet.

Look. In all the Ravens football I've watched this season that was the most flagrant helmet-to-helmet hit I've seen by either team. If they are ever going to discipline players, it will be for shots like that, regardless of whether the player is "dirty" or plays "with the intent to injure."

Could it have been even worse? Yes. Then you get into Brandon Merriweather / Ndomakong (sp?) Suh territory, and I begin to think poorly of the player. Here Ed's a good player with respect for the game who was disciplined for a really dumb thing he did.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ed will win his appeal, book it. The media is making a mockery of the hit and suspension right now. He NEVER hit with his helmet in slow mo video or still shots. Plus, Ed is not a head hunter. The MNF countdown crew made a mockery of it. Cant see them taking a a half million away for that hit. No intent to harm has every been shown by Ed. Unlike quotes from Harrison, Clark and Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ed will win his appeal, book it. The media is making a mockery of the hit and suspension right now. He NEVER hit with his helmet in slow mo video or still shots. Plus, Ed is not a head hunter. The MNF countdown crew made a mockery of it. Cant see them taking a a half million away for that hit. No intent to harm has every been shown by Ed. Unlike quotes from Harrison, Clark and Suh.
    I doubt it. Ray Anderson was on the Mike and Mike show this morning and he was pretty adamant that Ed has got to "change the way he plays". That doesn't sound like anyone willing to listen to an appeal although I'm aware he won't be handling the appeal himself.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Ed Reed's appeal of his one-game suspension was heard today by Ted Cottrell. No decision yet

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I doubt it. Ray Anderson was on the Mike and Mike show this morning and he was pretty adamant that Ed has got to "change the way he plays". That doesn't sound like anyone willing to listen to an appeal although I'm aware he won't be handling the appeal himself.
    That interview was laughable. Anderson tried to paint Reed as a head hunter, but no one who pays any attention to the league buys that. Ed is the consummate ball hawk and always leads with his shoulder. Even the hit on Sanders...he led with his shoulder and there was a glancing blow to the head...looked like mostly face mask to face mask to me. Even the Deon Branch hit, Ed's in the process of delivering a hit when Branch ducks his head.

They should start fining receivers for lowering their head in advance of impact. That causes just as many helmet to helmet collisions as poor tackling form.

Of course the Ginger Hammer is the hypocrite of the decade so, I know that'll never happen.

NO SUSPENSION 50k fine! Fuck Yeah! (per twitter)
    Last edited by 2gigch1; 11-20-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelin

Blog Entries
    Knew the suspension wouldn't stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reason will prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    Just saw that!

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    yup... just got that!!!

GOOD call!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!