Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    sad part is that if the NFL was really concerned about safety of the players....

They would suspend Tomlin for leaving Leftwich in the game like they did last night.
    This is the truth. Now we get to see how tomlin coaches without his star QB and back up. A heavy fine and suspension would send a message to other coaches that the NFL is watching closely. Hell,at least fine the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I don't think Reed is going to win his appeal because the league didn't compromise when that linebacker from Denver (Mays) became the first to be suspended under that same BS rule.
    He might win his appeal. Reed isnt a head hunter, heck he has had his own career threatening neck injuries and shoulder woes. This is Ed Reed one of the most respected players in the game a HOFer, who has shown no intent to hurt anyone. I bet he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He might win his appeal. Reed isnt a head hunter, heck he has had his own career threatening neck injuries and shoulder woes. This is Ed Reed one of the most respected players in the game a HOFer, who has shown no intent to hurt anyone. I bet he wins.
    I sure hope so.

If he lose the appeal, will he just miss the SD game?

I hope he wins it, No harm no foul!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    It is bullshit, but can we stop saying it's some kind of anti-Raven, pro-Steeler conspiracy? Pittsburgh has been hit just as hard by Goodell's new NFL, if not in suspensions, then certainly in fines and penalties (some deserved, some not).

When Harrison was suspended, Suggs had his back. Today Clark is on twitter having Reed's back. We all know this sucks. The lockout last year greatly dampened my enthusiasm for the game, and shit like this just adds to it. I can easily forsee a day coming when I stop investing my time, energy, and money into this sport.
    Eh. I don't have a problem with Harrison getting suspended, but I don't have a problem with Ed Reed getting suspended, either. You can't go high-to-high like they've both been caught doing. The helmet is to protect the players; it's dangerous from them to use it like a weapon that way.

Sometimes I see a player going low and getting called for this anyway, and sometimes that's been Harrison, and I'm not crazy about those calls. But in general players should not be leading with their helmets and they should *never* be leading high with their helmets. It's a violent game but I don't need to see the players leaving their brains like pudding on the field.

I'll sit here and be a minority of one.

/shrug
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Make it a minority of 2. It was an illegal hit all the way. Not incidental or accidental like some are saying. The hit Reed made in this game and the one in the Pats games are exactly what the league wants to stop. Rules are rules and he broke the rule. I understand the appeal process, but I wish these guys would just take their punishment like a man. He broke the rule. He got caught. End of story.

I think a suspension is a bit harsh, but I'm not going to pretend that that was a clean hit or that the league is just looking for an excuse to punish Ed.

Head injuries are a major focus right now and the commissioner has good reason to want to limit the use of the helmet as a weapon. As for people claiming this is "pussifying the game" I wonder if they'd feel that way if they understood just how much these players are risking by stepping on the field. Think of Junior Seau and John Mackey before you complain about efforts to reduce head trauma.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Make it a minority of 2. It was an illegal hit all the way. Not incidental or accidental like some are saying. The hit Reed made in this game and the one in the Pats games are exactly what the league wants to stop. Rules are rules and he broke the rule. I understand the appeal process, but I wish these guys would just take their punishment like a man. He broke the rule. He got caught. End of story.
    So where you looking thru 7 Inch glasses after smoking I dont know lets say 6 bowls???

Ed was already lowering his head long before sanders lowered his.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

It doesn't matter when Ed started lowering his head, the very act of lowering your head and lunging forward with the crown of your helmet in front is no longer acceptable in the NFL. Watch clips of Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks tackling to see perfect form. Head up, shoulders square, lead with the shoulder and face. If you can't see what you're hitting, you're doing it wrong.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

sad part is that if the NFL was really concerned about safety of the players....

They would suspend Tomlin for leaving Leftwich in the game like they did last night.
    If one of the Ravens play through pain and show guts and heart you are crowning them a hero.

Leftwich does it and Tomlin should be suspended? :screwy:

Did you have an issue with Suggs coming back as fast as he did from an injury? What about when Mason played with one shoulder in Dallas? Leave Tomlin alone and give Leftwich some credit for having heart and fighting through it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

They are concerned about head injuries and the massive negative health implications that are associated with them later in players' lives. Player safety isn't about preventing all injuries. Just career and life altering ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    They are concerned about head injuries and the massive negative health implications that are associated with them later in players' lives. Player safety isn't about preventing all injuries. Just career and life altering ones.

and we all know that broken ribs can't possibly be a life altering injury...right Ben?