Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

The first one he hit with his shoulder. That was obvious. The second video he tried to hit with his shoulder, just like any other safety would do, but their helmets happened to hit. Those were no more dirty than Reed's hit (which was not dirty). The third video would not load. Hard hits seem to draw penalties. Just like his legal hit on Cruze. He leveled the guy and was called for a penalty. As I stated earlier, these are incidental helmet to helmet hits, not a show of blatant disregard for the rules. These players have nothing to gain by intentionally making helmet to helmet hits.

Blog Entries
    DB's and safeties have less and less options in this league. Can't touch, can't face guard, can't hit...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If you watch the replay of Ed Reed you will ses his strike zone is the Mid section of the body. WR lowers his head into Ed Reed. The film does not Lie. Ryan Clark should be getting one as well. Jesus they had to put Kevlar in his helmet because his ALWAYS leads and dives with his head first.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

If Reed is a thug, I'm Jack the fucking Ripper. Reed getting suspended for this is Total Bullshit. That is all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Rightly so. I have no problem with the league suspending Reed if they go suspend everyone else who has had 3+ illegal hits, but this is ridiculous to just single Reed out. There is no consistency to how these rules are enforced.
    I am with you on that. Ryan Clark, James Harrison, Brandon Merriweather, just to name a few guys who have a head hunting rep and have been fined multiple times during that same span. If those guys get suspended as well, Reed should serve his time like a man.

It is bullshit, but can we stop saying it's some kind of anti-Raven, pro-Steeler conspiracy? Pittsburgh has been hit just as hard by Goodell's new NFL, if not in suspensions, then certainly in fines and penalties (some deserved, some not).

When Harrison was suspended, Suggs had his back. Today Clark is on twitter having Reed's back. We all know this sucks. The lockout last year greatly dampened my enthusiasm for the game, and shit like this just adds to it. I can easily forsee a day coming when I stop investing my time, energy, and money into this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I am with you on that. Ryan Clark, James Harrison, Brandon Merriweather, just to name a few guys who have a head hunting rep and have been fined multiple times during that same span. If those guys get suspended as well, Reed should serve his time like a man.

Add Robinson to that list

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    It is bullshit, but can we stop saying it's some kind of anti-Raven, pro-Steeler conspiracy? Pittsburgh has been hit just as hard by Goodell's new NFL, if not in suspensions, then certainly in fines and penalties (some deserved, some not).

When Harrison was suspended, Suggs had his back. Today Clark is on twitter having Reed's back. We all know this sucks. The lockout last year greatly dampened my enthusiasm for the game, and shit like this just adds to it. I can easily forsee a day coming when I stop investing my time, energy, and money into this sport.
    Seems like every there's something that makes consider just giving up on the NFL entirely.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Typical. A player for another team is labeled as "dirty." While the player from the your team is being targeted. He did not have a "special helmet" made so he could keep leading with this head. I must have missed that headline. Did you watch the play in which he got hurt? I bet not. You would just make another outlandish statement.

I mentioned in previous reply to this thread that these penalties and fines are too much. These players are not dirty, these helmet to helmet hits are just a result of the dynamics of plays that happen in tenths of second. Thees players are expecting to hit with their shoulders, like they have been trained to do since peewee. Now they have to change their game. This is going to take years to trickle down to the peewees and then backup to the pros. Ed Reed should not be fined or suspended. There is no proof he had malicious intent. Goodell is wrong. Totally wrong in this. Ed must be beside himself.
    Of course I would probably make an outlandish comment. They make for good jokes. Which that was supposed to be. They were modeling his oversized crash helmet last night and it was too easy.

What's funny is 5 years ago ESPN has a special segment for these hits. Now they're outlawed. I understand it's safety and all that but it sure takes out an element that was one of the allures of the game for me back in the day.
    Last edited by saintmatthew; 11-19-2012 at 09:31 PM.

My guess is a compromise, he gets a fine. Not suspension or loss of gamecheck. If I were him I would appeal as he is doing. I wouldnt want to lose a gamecheck for that BS.

sad part is that if the NFL was really concerned about safety of the players....

They would suspend Tomlin for leaving Leftwich in the game like they did last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    My guess is a compromise, he gets a fine. Not suspension or loss of gamecheck. If I were him I would appeal as he is doing. I wouldnt want to lose a gamecheck for that BS.
    I don't think Reed is going to win his appeal because the league didn't compromise when that linebacker from Denver (Mays) became the first to be suspended under that same BS rule.