Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    He can't tackle and he's a liability on the field. The Raven's won't pay him next year what he thinks he should be paid and in all likelihood he'll be gone - maybe to NY. He'd fit in great there. Maybe instead of saying thug I should have said "selfish with no regard for the rules or other player safety". In my dictionary they are synonyms.
    You should've of just say that from the get go. Because your definition of a thug is wrong and your dictionary needs a re-write.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

If he appeals his suspension today which he did he will get a decision by wed. He has 3 business days to appeal the suspension. If he waited till Thursday the decision would not come till monday most likely which would have allowed him to play in SD.

Seems like Ed and the Ravens prefer to get the appeal over with and if he were to miss a game they want him to miss the SD game not the Steelers at home. and I agree with this while he would help vs SD they really only have two wepons in the passing game (gates, floyd) and Pitt has a few with Brown coming back by then.

He cant appeal, lose then accept the suspension next week. He may be able to ask the league if he can serve it next week but that does not seem likely with him appealing it today which would bring a fast decision

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    He cant appeal, lose then accept the suspension next week. He may be able to ask the league if he can serve it next week but that does not seem likely with him appealing it today which would bring a fast decision
    He already appealed. They will make a decision by Wednesday.

Blog Entries

This is total bullshit. How many times have Ryan Clark and James Harrison been flagged and fined for illegal hits? Far more fucking times than Reed and he's being made an example of?

Phone up old friend Foxworth, that's what a union rep is for

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    That was as flagrant a helmet-to-helmet as you're likely to see. The only one I can think of that was worse was James Harrison going high-to-high on what's-his-name, the recent Browns QB.

Some of you sound like Steelers fans. You can't go high-to-high anymore, and that's what Ed Reed did. If that play had gone the other way, with Ike Taylor blowing up Torrey Smith or something, some of you would have had no problem with this result.
    Absolutely! Hate to see Reed get suspended, but don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I do agree with those who say the league needs to be more clear on what constitutes an illegal hit and a suspension and have that rule enforced evenly for all players. I also don't see much difference between intent and recklessness. Either way can result in a serious injury.

Blog Entries

The league has set itself up for a second embarrassment by going with the case by case basis crap. First thing Reeds rep is going to do is pull out footage of other guys who have been fined multiple times and not suspended.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The league has set itself up for a second embarrassment by going with the case by case basis crap. First thing Reeds rep is going to do is pull out footage of other guys who have been fined multiple times and not suspended.
    Rightly so. I have no problem with the league suspending Reed if they go suspend everyone else who has had 3+ illegal hits, but this is ridiculous to just single Reed out. There is no consistency to how these rules are enforced.

As fans we speculate and point fingers. But, I think the players know the deal. These are not malicious hits and these things just happen in the scope of the game. I forget who Reed hit, but I bet they spoke about it and they were both understanding of what had happened. These hits go both ways and players know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the knocks against Ed Reed by some Ravens fans. Is this team better with or without Ed Reed? Most definitely WITH and there are 31 other teams that would not only agree but would love to have an Ed Reed on their team. Stats just for 2012:

10th in the NFL in interceptions
    40 tackles (35 were solo); 17 solo tackles in the last 5 games
    2 fumble recoveries

Some comparisons with other free safeties from top NFL teams for 2012 so far:

Danieal Manning - Texans ( 35 solo tackles in 2012)
    Tavon Wilson - Patriots (22 solo tackles in 2012)
    Thomas DeCoud - Falcons (38 solo tackles in 2012)
    Jim Leonhard - Broncos (11 solo tackles in 2012)

Ed Reed had 35 SOLO TACKLES so he is right in line where other FSs are at this point in the season.

WTH do some of you want? Who can play his position with his experience that could do any better than Reed at this point?
    Do tackle stats really tell the whole story? There have been many, many examples this season of totally blown coverage where a WR was wide open in the middle of the field. I don't have access to the tape, but I'd think Ed Reed should have been in the middle of the field with the receiver. Maybe instead he was gambling to get the interception or recover a fumble. I don't know, but he no longer seems to jump plays. Most of his tackles seem to be him running a WR down after a long completion. Same goes for Ray Lewis. Yeah, he has a lot of tackles but how many are him dragging down a RB after he just got brushed aside for 8 yards?

As many Ryan Clark shots as I can find:

Welker Hit 2009 -

Dickson Hit 2011 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlYZR1N6ya4

Celek Hit and subsequent arguing 2012 - http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-at-officials

Couldn't find much. He has a much worse reputation than Reed.