Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

I can't believe that he's being punished for a hit delivered back in 2010 though.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Basically just Ed Reed being a thug. He either can't or won't tackle anymore and is more of a liability out there than an asset. This is actually doing the Ravens a favor - forcing the team to put a better athelete on the field for the Chargers game at least.
    Wow. You can question whether he is a liability or not, that's debatable, but calling him a thug? That's ridiculous hyperbole even for you. Lmao.

Blog Entries

Not sure I understand this one. I'm sure the Ravens have people going through these types of penalties over the past few years to find others who have had "three in three years" or whatever the criteria is, but haven't been suspended.

I can not believe that Reed is the first guy to accumulate three of them over a three year period since this has been a point of emphasis. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't seem likely...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

How many hits to the head has Ryan Clark had since 2010? A half dozen?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not sure I understand this one. I'm sure the Ravens have people going through these types of penalties over the past few years to find others who have had "three in three years" or whatever the criteria is, but haven't been suspended.

I can not believe that Reed is the first guy to accumulate three of them over a three year period since this has been a point of emphasis. Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't seem likely...
    Ryan Clark anyone? I mean, the guy had a special helmet made just so he could keep leading with his head.

That was as flagrant a helmet-to-helmet as you're likely to see. The only one I can think of that was worse was James Harrison going high-to-high on what's-his-name, the recent Browns QB.

Some of you sound like Steelers fans. You can't go high-to-high anymore, and that's what Ed Reed did. If that play had gone the other way, with Ike Taylor blowing up Torrey Smith or something, some of you would have had no problem with this result.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    How many hits to the head has Ryan Clark had since 2010? A half dozen?
    LOL!!! I see I'm not the only one who thought of him.

Blog Entries

So does he now have a clean slate? He can lay 2 more big hits this year before the 3rd gets another suspension. 1 Steelers again, 2 Broncos. He better make them count.

Blog Entries

A quick Google search shows Clark with two defenseless receiver penalties this year and I remember he had one on Dickson last year, so where is his suspension? That's with like 3 minutes of research.

I'm sure Clark isn't the only one, too. Reed will win his appeal.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

By the way - my seven year old lab could put together a better game plan than Cam Cameron. If you needed any proof all you needed to do was to watch the crap Cam put out there yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Wow. You can question whether he is a liability or not, that's debatable, but calling him a thug? That's ridiculous hyperbole even for you. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Basically just Ed Reed being a thug. He either can't or won't tackle anymore and is more of a liability out there than an asset. This is actually doing the Ravens a favor - forcing the team to put a better athelete on the field for the Chargers game at least.
    Please identify that better athelete. I'll wait.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Ryan Clark anyone? I mean, the guy had a special helmet made just so he could keep leading with his head.
    and the irony is, there is no equipment to stop a concussion. Your brain is basically suspended in your head and when you get whacked it bangs against the skull. I guess a spongey helmet beats nothing but it won't help much if at all