Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Wow, unbelievable for you to say that. Are you a troll?
    he's not smart enough to be a troll

Let's see. I call Reed a thug. You call me a troll. I guess you win. The only problem with your winning is that is Reed still can't tackle. You must have some other keen insight that the rest of us lack!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Wow, unbelievable for you to say that. Are you a troll?

is there any way to look up which players have committed the most personal fouls? It would be interesting to see where Ed would be on a list like that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    is there any way to look up which players have committed the most personal fouls? It would be interesting to see where Ed would be on a list like that
    found this link but it looks like it would take some time to piece it together .. http://www.footballdb.com/penalties-player.html

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Let's see. I call Reed a thug. You call me a troll. I guess you win. The only problem with your winning is that is Reed still can't tackle. You must have some other keen insight that the rest of us lack!
    If you want to say Ed can't tackle fine. But was it really necessary to call him a thug? You cross a line with that comment.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Stupid rule. The vast majority of these hits are precipitated through incidental contact. The Steelers have been called for these types of hits quite a bit under the same circumstances. It is not like these guys are running around with their heads down. I can't imagine the frustration of the players. I hope he can appeal and play next week.

Blog Entries

Steve Wyche ‏@wyche89

Reporting: according to the NFL, Ravens S Ed Reed has notified the league of his intent to appeal suspension. Cottrell or Shell will hear.

Typical. A player for another team is labeled as "dirty." While the player from the your team is being targeted. He did not have a "special helmet" made so he could keep leading with this head. I must have missed that headline. Did you watch the play in which he got hurt? I bet not. You would just make another outlandish statement.

I mentioned in previous reply to this thread that these penalties and fines are too much. These players are not dirty, these helmet to helmet hits are just a result of the dynamics of plays that happen in tenths of second. Thees players are expecting to hit with their shoulders, like they have been trained to do since peewee. Now they have to change their game. This is going to take years to trickle down to the peewees and then backup to the pros. Ed Reed should not be fined or suspended. There is no proof he had malicious intent. Goodell is wrong. Totally wrong in this. Ed must be beside himself.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Ryan Clark anyone? I mean, the guy had a special helmet made just so he could keep leading with his head.

Blog Entries

I knew whwn they suspended harrison it would eventually bite others. Harrison had a rep for malicious hits, defenseless hits, late hits, but the league suspended him for 3 hits without noting the nature of such. Reeds not known for those things and as a db hes going to be in positions where its more likely. Hopefully he wins the appeal but the ground work was already in place. It may sound homerish, but i dont think theres much argument in the difference between harrson and reed. Reed apologizes on the field directly after, harrison defended it saying "theyd rather me hit their head than their knees." the league messed this one up by making harrison an example by any means.

The nfl has officially jumped the shark.
    -JAB

Ryan Clark should have a 2 or 3 game susp. Jesus that dude launchs almost weekly.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

It never ceases to amaze me the knocks against Ed Reed by some Ravens fans. Is this team better with or without Ed Reed? Most definitely WITH and there are 31 other teams that would not only agree but would love to have an Ed Reed on their team. Stats just for 2012:

10th in the NFL in interceptions
    40 tackles (35 were solo); 17 solo tackles in the last 5 games
    2 fumble recoveries

Some comparisons with other free safeties from top NFL teams for 2012 so far:

Danieal Manning - Texans ( 35 solo tackles in 2012)
    Tavon Wilson - Patriots (22 solo tackles in 2012)
    Thomas DeCoud - Falcons (38 solo tackles in 2012)
    Jim Leonhard - Broncos (11 solo tackles in 2012)

Ed Reed had 35 SOLO TACKLES so he is right in line where other FSs are at this point in the season.

WTH do some of you want? Who can play his position with his experience that could do any better than Reed at this point?

He can't tackle and he's a liability on the field. The Raven's won't pay him next year what he thinks he should be paid and in all likelihood he'll be gone - maybe to NY. He'd fit in great there. Maybe instead of saying thug I should have said "selfish with no regard for the rules or other player safety". In my dictionary they are synonyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    If you want to say Ed can't tackle fine. But was it really necessary to call him a thug? You cross a line with that comment.