Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

The league is really splitting hairs over what's a legal and illegal hit. They are coddling QBs and softening the game a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Fucking bullshit. If the reciever goes low and Ed is already tackling how the fuck is he supposed to avoid him? Freeze time?
    Duh! He was supposed to enter Matrix Bullet Time.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Unbelievable.

4. Re: Ed Reed suspended 1 game

Ahhh yes, Roger Goodell, son of a US Senator born w/ a silver spoon in his mouth continues to be the head Tyrant in charge of this fascist league. I almost want to vomit everytime I see his botoxed face on TV.

Have a feeling Ed will not take this in stride. Looking forward to him lashing out against this assclown that serves as dictator of the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Looking forward to him lashing out against this assclown that serves as dictator of the NFL.
    I hope he does as long as it doesn't have any negative effects on the team.

I think it is BS but not any kind of conspiracy. The league is dead-set on making hard hits to WRs a thing of the past, and they are going to be mandating that the refs call anything that remotely could feasibly be possibly construed as a violation, i.e. if in doubt, throw the flag. They are going to keep fining these hits (even the ones that are not called). And now apparently, they are going to rigidly enforce suspensions as these penalties are accumulated (regardless of the severity or intent of each penalty/hit).

I am quite sure many many other DBs will start sitting out games for the same reason.

My issue with it is this - I understand by the wording of the rule why it's a personal foul. I don't agree with it but by the letter of the law it's a penalty. What I don't understand, and what gets me pissed off, is that the 3rd violation suspension should be designed for someone who is intentionally trying to harm someone or flagrant personal fouls. So now what's to stop players from ducking on purpose now to get a couple cheap unnecessary roughness calls to get someone suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Ahhh yes, Roger Goodell, son of a US Senator born w/ a silver spoon in his mouth continues to be the head Tyrant in charge of this fascist league. I almost want to vomit everytime I see his botoxed face on TV.

Have a feeling Ed will not take this in stride. Looking forward to him lashing out against this assclown that serves as dictator of the NFL.
    We all should of seen this coming...after the "love affair" with Harrison, it was made clear repeat offenders will be fined and eventually suspended. I dont agree with the rule, but I actually thought to myself, hmm, thats quite a few hits leading with the helmet for Reed this year. Next man up is Pollard, he will get a game too if he isn't careful.

Again, totally disagree, but this isn't new.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Ray Anderson hands down suspensions, not Goodell. He's the one that made this decision.

They're just saying black/white it's his 3rd PF for hitting in the head and therefore he gets suspended. Reed will appeal (because of the lost $400K+) and the leagues says they'll make a decision before the SD game.

Unfuckingbelievable.

Basically just Ed Reed being a thug. He either can't or won't tackle anymore and is more of a liability out there than an asset. This is actually doing the Ravens a favor - forcing the team to put a better athelete on the field for the Chargers game at least.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    how do you suspend a dude who cant tackle????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ray Anderson hands down suspensions, not Goodell. He's the one that made this decision.

They're just saying black/white it's his 3rd PF for hitting in the head and therefore he gets suspended. Reed will appeal (because of the lost $400K+) and the leagues says they'll make a decision before the SD game.
    I have no faith in the appeal being overturned.