Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throwbacks

Throwbacks

Cris Collinsworth made a good comment last night about the uniforms. He said they should take a rest with the crazy throwbacks and look towards the future. The Ravens don't have a true throwback that they can use... I think it would be cool to see some modern versions of these Unis. The Ravens with a Chrome (like Oregon) or Flat Black Helmet like Boise State with some sort of new bird or wing feathers would be cool. Could be fun!

And as far as the NFL and money goes.. if they hit on a couple cool ideas it could send jersey sales through the roof.

Blog Entries

Re: Throwbacks

It's too bad UnderArmour didn't get the contract. Their college designs have been very hot and there is no limit to the variations they can make for a single team. That's who you want designing for the future

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's too bad UnderArmour didn't get the contract. Their college designs have been very hot and there is no limit to the variations they can make for a single team. That's who you want designing for the future
    I agree. But, ya know... UnderArmour did it... But now the ideas are out there and people know what can be done. Nike can hire designers.

Hello Big 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Hello Big 10.
    Maybe PenN State will get a good uniform now. lol

Michigan State did some interesting things last year. Maybe U of Michigan can try something new to differentiate themselves from Delaware. ;)

Blog Entries

Nike doesn't need designers they started all this with Oregon's unis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Nike doesn't need designers they started all this with Oregon's unis
    Ahh, good to know. So the ability is there. I think Oregon's are some of the best. I think they do a great job with different finishes on the helmet.

Blog Entries

I really wish they would come up with a new alternate jersey design. I'm a big fan of what Nike did with the Seahawks jersey. I want them to do something similar with the Ravens jersey.

I always wondered why we don't throwback to the original jerseys. Is it because of the logo dispute (one of the few missteps for this organization)?

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I always wondered why we don't throwback to the original jerseys. Is it because of the logo dispute (one of the few missteps for this organization)?
    If it is, that's lame.... They should have just paid the guy.

Blog Entries

Isn't UA the company behind the various hideous, universally panned UMD uniforms? No thanks...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Maybe PenN State will get a good uniform now. lol

Michigan State did some interesting things last year. Maybe U of Michigan can try something new to differentiate themselves from Delaware. ;)
    I like Penn State's uniforms, lol. I think CC is on to something though, future unis would be cool. Most throwbacks are hideous anyway.