Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT - Maryland leaves ACC

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    It won't do shit as long as Randy Edsall is coach. I still laugh at the moron University that bought out a great coach for 2 million for that fucking chump. Maryland will never win SHIT under that garbage man of a coach. Actually that is an insult to garbage men.
    I'm not a big fan either.

Finally one of our teams is not in a conference or division with a ref favorite. I think Duke, the Steelers and the Yankees are the 3 favorite teams of the referees and umpires.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I love the move on all levels.

2. This notion that tradition is being destroyed is about a decade too late. When VT/BC/Miam came in it was supposed to be a football boom and it's completely backfired while also watering down hoops. The idea that ACC hoops is so great compared to the Big 10 is laughable and myopic. I've been bored with ACC hoops for years now...The "true" ACC has been gone for awhile now.
    Word.

Scott Van Pelt, one of the biggest MD and ACC fans had this to say on his radio show:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8653119

So what it feels like is today, people are having a funeral for something that in many ways died a long time ago.
    With the arrival of Pitt (Maryland's "rival"), I think MD would have played Duke and UNC only once every 2 years, I believe.

Everyone keeps talking about being rivals with Duke or UNC. This has not happened since the early 2000's. Duke and UNC are rivals. The only consistent rivalry we have with Duke, is men's lacrosse. The bottom line is their is no money in the ACC and FSU and Clemson may be the next to bolt to the SEC
    Lovin me some section 543

Blog Entries
    Who really cared about acc basketball recently anyways? Acc is dead I like this move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first reaction: fuck Maryland, fuck these traitors.

After reading about it later: shrewd move by MD to adapt quickly to changing college sports environment and a giant "Fuck You" to the All Carolina Conference.

In short, I now like the fact Maryland took a stand and got a better deal for themselves. They won't be left out in the dark when the old dinosaur conference structure comes crumbling down very soon. Will still miss the basketball rivalries, namely Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    My first reaction: fuck Maryland, fuck these traitors.

After reading about it later: shrewd move by MD to adapt quickly to changing college sports environment and a giant "Fuck You" to the All Carolina Conference.

In short, I now like the fact Maryland took a stand and got a better deal for themselves. They won't be left out in the dark when the old dinosaur conference structure comes crumbling down very soon. Will still miss the basketball rivalries, namely Duke.
    Exactly. I think with them adding more schools to the ACC, means they are trying to drive the smaller schools out.
    Lovin me some section 543

Blog Entries

Wall Street Journal had an article on this today http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj