Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

So Roethlisburger will either be out or playing hurt (I'll go with playing, or at worst a game time scratch. He won't be able to resist being the center of attention all week and being involved in the drama).

So with Leftwich or a dinged up Ben, obviously that would seem to favor us. Not so fast. It's on the road. It's in Pittsburgh, which still will favor the Steelers even though we've won their before. Our defense still has issues getting off the field and giving up yards, and the Steelers have run the ball well this year. We've had problems tackling. Which Ravens offense will show up? That's obviously a big question. IMO, the Ravens offense that will show up in a big way (we seem to let down on the road more against bad teams - the Houston game notwithstanding). All that said, quite frankly, if Ben were 100%, I'd pick the Steelers, simply because they're home. But with him out or playing hurt, I'll go with the Ravens in another nailbiter.

Ravens 27, Steelers 24
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

Pittsburgh is always a toss-up, no matter who's under center. But for the record I think Big Ben is faking the injury, maybe so he can skip practice to be with his wife when she gives birth. I expect to see him.

I see Ravens winning 24-21.

Blog Entries

If Jen is playing, I have to stick with the Steelers in this one, while we win the return game at home. I have been perfect on the year so far with Ravens predictions so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this.

If Jen isn't playing I say we win by 10.

Not knowing Ben's status makes this impossible to predict. Either way, it will be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Pittsburgh is always a toss-up, no matter who's under center. But for the record I think Big Ben is faking the injury, maybe so he can skip practice to be with his wife when she gives birth. I expect to see him.

Seriously? You think he'd leave a game with it very much in doubt? Sorry, I don't buy that one.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Seriously? You think he'd leave a game with it very much in doubt? Sorry, I don't buy that one.
    :word

If he wanted to miss practice or the game for that he wouldn't fake an injury. Especially when it can easily be proving by an MIR or X-ray...

Blog Entries

He would've stayed in the game or came back if he was faking it. I'm not buying that.

Ravens 20 Steelers 13

Blog Entries

Guys miss games and practices all the time for the birth of children.

I don't think he was faking it at all. Now, to what degree his injury is? That is the real question. Even if he plays, he is going to be limited.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

9. Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

A sprained ankle or broken nose is one thing, but to play with an injured throwing shoulder is a different story. I can't see a way he plays this week. If he tries to and they let him, I think he will be a big liability.

Ravens 27-17.

Blog Entries

Im under the, its a real injury crowd, but the severity is what i feel he'll milk. I think he plays, but i dont think it matters. they werent playing particularly well last night with him. I think we pull out a close one, which they usualy are, with him behind center. 27-20.

If he doesnt play... ill up that to blowout status. 34-13.

We always play our best against them. we know who they are and they know who we are. I dont expect anything less than what we always see with these too, i just think were that much better of a team than they are this year, much like last year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

You know the Steelers didn't look very good WITH Jen. I am calling it a win either way. 20-17 Ravens.

He already got support from the team when he said he would miss a game if need be to be there when his kid is born. There's no need for him to "fake an injury" when they already gave him the okay should he need to miss a game for that. I pretty sure the injury is legit, but he will play it up as way more severe than it actually is as usual. Ben being out only helps the Ravens horrible Defense. It's going to come down to Flacco beating Pitt's D