Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Post-Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    Flaccos passes are always off in road games
    Throwing behind T. Smith early in the first quarter who had two steps on the d-back made me just shake my head and say here we go again. If he throws it our in front and lets him run under it it's a TD. Instead it's an incompletion. Joe just doesn't lead his receivers very well and because of it he'll never be elite despite what he thinks about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Throwing behind T. Smith early in the first quarter who had two steps on the d-back made me just shake my head and say here we go again. If he throws it our in front and lets him run under it it's a TD. Instead it's an incompletion. Joe just doesn't lead his receivers very well and because of it he'll never be elite despite what he thinks about himself.
    for the record that ball was 55 has in the air. Smith never got behind Taylor on the play, Taylor was so deep, played outside, he just came across and got his hands up. The pass actually needed to be more to the centre of the field, were if Ike wanted to bat it away he would have had to go through Torrey. If the pass was on the left hash, of the central hashes, not the middle of them, smith has it, but it was a little to straight and smith had to straighten his route, and that allowed ike to get back in. It was a difficult pass, another day he makes it. But to criticise him for being a yard off, when it travelled 55 yards in the air is harsh

Quote Originally Posted by phacts View Post
    They highlighted the coverage that Torrey Smith was getting on the broadcast a few times. They were bringing a safety underneath to cut off the quick timing routes, and had Ike Taylor sitting over the top to take away the deep route. It was interesting, and I think it's why a number of Joe's passes to Torrey along the sideline looked off - I think he saw the safety cheating underneath as he was throwing, so he placed the ball high to avoid a pick. If I'm right on that, then those are good passes by Flacco, because they AREN'T pick sixes.

And I think the deep pass to Torrey was on the money, it was just a great defensive play by Ike Taylor to break it up. That pass would have hit Torrey in stride, and he was gone.

Also, the offense did the smart thing by going to Bolden. He had a mismatch, and they exploited it. Basically had we come away with a single touchdown when we got into scoring range, we would have won easily. We didn't, and we won anyway.
    Good observations and that's what I saw and to RavensQB's point the middle of the field had to have been wide open on a handful of snaps. Except for the 1st quarter pass to Torrey we didn't see much attacking in that part of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    fBut to criticise him for being a yard off, when it travelled 55 yards in the air is harsh
    Especially when he threw a similar pass the week before to the EZ that was picture perfect.

did anyone stop to think that perhaps the swirling wind of that side of the field might have pushed the ball back to the right? much the same reason Justin Tucker misses that field goal on that side of the field.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

They got the lead and played not to lose, simple as that. Very vanilla game. A W is a W.