Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

I wouldn't bet against the Ravens right now. As bad as they look they keep pulling wins out of their ass. San Diego ain't no Houston. So my money is on the Ravens this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    But shouldn't it alternate stadiums? That's what I'm not getting. Two years in a row we have to travel west to play them...seems a bit lopsided.
    Yea I'm not sure it's fair since this is the 4th time in a row as Haloti92 pointed out, but this isn't something that the NFL does on purpose.
    In any case I'm pretty confident that the next time we play SD we will have them at home.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    At the beginning of the year I, too had this marked as a loss. But I don't know; this year's Ravens is starting to get that look about them like they are a team of destiny. I can't explain it. They just do. We have the 20th ranked offense, the 25th ranked defense, crippling injuries on the defensive side of the ball, a still unsettled offensive line (which is the reason why we have a juggernaut of an offense at home, inept one on the road), yet we're 8 and 2. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we beat SD and ran the table. With this team, anything is possible.
    If there was a word I could use to describe this year, it would be improbable. I mean, really think about it. This team, even with it's flaws and let downs was a juggernaut last year and fell short. Recovering from that, and hitting the playoffs for a 5th straight year was a tall order. Add in Sugg's injury and Hensley's prediction was really not that unrealistic. So here they are sitting at 8-2 for no really good reason aside of determination and simply out-gutting their opponent and I'm starting to feel that improbability may take them all the way. Texans may have peaked already. Same with the Falcons. Who knows. I hope I live to see it cause the cardiac crows are killing me with these nailbiters. What was their slogan - "Embrace the Grind"? I think it fits. They don't seem to flinch. Maybe sloppy or out of synch but they keep slugging back.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Yea I'm not sure it's fair since this is the 4th time in a row as Haloti92 pointed out, but this isn't something that the NFL does on purpose.
    In any case I'm pretty confident that the next time we play SD we will have them at home.
    Conversely, Denver has come here like 3 straight now or so and I'd rather have them here at the Bank than SD as we need that homefield for Denver this year.

SD has not looked good this year at all but they always seem to play us tough. The loss of Ed Reed is big for our already severely banged up secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    So here they are sitting at 8-2 for no really good reason aside of determination and simply out-gutting their opponent and I'm starting to feel that improbability may take them all the way.
    They are top 10 in the league in points scored and points allowed. They have (or had before this weekend) the best red-zone defense. And they are top 5 in the league in turnovers.

Yes. They let teams march up and down the field on them. And yes, they can be maddeningly inconsistent on offense (especially on the road). But I don't know why fans fail to recognize and give them credit for their strengths. New England has been playing - and winning - like this for the past several seasons. No one seems to call their success "improbable".

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    They are top 10 in the league in points scored and points allowed. They have (or had before this weekend) the best red-zone defense. And they are top 5 in the league in turnovers.

Yes. They let teams march up and down the field on them. And yes, they can be maddeningly inconsistent on offense (especially on the road). But I don't know why fans fail to recognize and give them credit for their strengths. New England has been playing - and winning - like this for the past several seasons. No one seems to call their success "improbable".
    Well, I used the term improbable simply based on the idea that if they couldn't do it last year despite being so dominant, it was improbable they would do better with what looked like a tougher schedule, a DPotY likely (at the time) missing half the season or more and the loss of some good unsung in the trenches type of players. Give'em credit though. They are money with their back up to wall. They've become a wall of pain and turnovers when backed up and the offense, when it clicks is just brutal. At least our primary weakness from last year is now a strength. Special teams, both return and coverage units, are excellent this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Yes, though last year's Chargers game was on our schedule due to the two division-finish-dependent games on each team's schedule, and I don't think their home/away status is predicated on the every-3 year division vs division matchup scheduling.

But you are correct about the 2009 switch. We actually played the Chargers on the road in 2009 as well (last division vs division matchup). And we played them in 2007 at San Diego also, lol (division-finish-dependent matchup). So this week we will be playing them the 4th straight time in San Diego.
    We were supposed to play them at home this year and Denver on the road. Glad it worked out the way it did.

In 2015 we are supposed to go back to SD but look for them to come to M&T and we travel to Denver.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcn.htm

Are the Ravens seriously scheduled to play EVERY West Coast team on the road in 2015?

EDIT: Disregard. The site says the matchups are not confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Here's a look at the Ravens' future schedules and how the rotation works:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gamed...opponents.html

Under the rotating division games (every 3 years, home and away), the Chargers were here in 2006 and we played there in 2009. This year was supposed to be the Chargers in Baltimore, but in 2010, they altered the schedule so that there would not be years like 2009, where we had to travel to both SD and Oak (and Seattle and SF, as we did in 2007). So, the SD game was switched.

The other times we've traveled to SD, it's just been the luck of the draw, so to speak, in that the rotating extra games have always come up at SD, when it's time to play the AFCW. The last two times the AFCW played here, it turned out to be Oakland (2008) and Denver (2010) based on the team's respective place of finish in their divisions.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I don't like this matchup but the Chargers have looked bad for a while. They make so many mistakes in all phases of the game. As long as the Ravens can actually score on the road they could pull this out.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't like this matchup but the Chargers have looked bad for a while. They make so many mistakes in all phases of the game. As long as the Ravens can actually score on the road they could pull this out.
    That's what I'm hoping and banking on too. Maybe we are just coming in to ourselves at this point in the season and the road issues will start working themselves out. This team knows we are coming down to the wire and if they want even a chance of the playoffs coming through Baltimore, they have to win at home AND on the road from here on out. At the same time, we really need Houston to start losing a couple of games but they have a cushy schedule the last I checked :(