Blog Entries

Snap count, and the roles of the three LOLB's.

Since Suggs has returned, he has assumed total control of the ROLB (rush) spot. That now means we have 3 players rotating at the LOLB (sam) position, it's essentially a committee right now.

For all the stick Pees has taken this year (me being one of them), he has done a decent job getting the best out of his injury plagued front 7, and has been more creative recently. He moves Upshaw to DT on passing downs, puts McClellan in on obvious running plays, and puts Kruger in on passing downs. That is certainly just pure logic as it fits their individual strengths.

Out of the three players from the Steelers game, Kruger had the most snaps with 38, and leads the three on the year with 510 snaps. So even though he has been considered a situational player of late, the numbers show that Kruger has been much more than that, and is the impact player out of the three. Kruger had 2 sacks on the night (NFL got it down as 1 sack), 5 QB hurries, and 2 QB hits. Kruger is finally starting to become what Ozzie had hoped he'd become when he drafted him, a pass rusher with a high motor. Kruger is not the most athletically gifted of pass rushers, but his technique and ability to swat the big offensive tackles hands out of the way has been the key to his recent success.

Upshaw had 37 snaps on the game (just one less than Kruger) but some of those snaps came from Upshaw lining up at DT/DE on passing downs. Upshaw still has a lot to learn as a pass rusher, but is already a great run stopper. Upshaw has a high motor and it's surprising how he can drop back into coverage at his size, I wonder if the coaches have thought of trying him out at ILB playing next to Ellerbe.

McClellan had the lowest amount of snaps on the game with 27, but was listed as a starter for the second week in a row. McClellan had a good night defending the run, and was good in pass coverage. McClellan doesn't offer anything as a pass rusher, but sets the edge very effectively, he is going to be a very useful player down the stretch.

Re: Snap count, and the roles of the three LOLB's.

I liked how Kruger pushed his lineman into the pocket and then throwing aside at the last second. He's coming on strong and has learned containment.

I give huge props to Pees. He has done as much as possible with this injury ridden defense.

Kruger has really come on as of late. Makes you wonder how good he could've been if the Ravens didn't try and make change him.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Crazy as it sounds, i think the play of hte front 7 would improve by moving Albert back inside and playing him next to Ellerbe, while rotating only Upshaw(run) and Krugetr(pass).

I like our OLB group,I think they all would improve immensely if our d line wouldn't get pushed backwards every play. I think its more impressive what they have been able to do with the garbage we have up front defensively. Most of the credit has to go to pees in making his adjustments and using his players properly, only if we had that on the other side of the ball. Who knew moving up to the booth would be that beneficial

They will be even better when McPhee is healthy, he IMO is what holds it all together. Hopefully he comes back soon and gets healthy.

Blog Entries

i'm concerned about cody, he wasn't even activated for the steelers game, we are already struggling against the run so we need all hands on deck on the line, and for cody to be deactivated against a team that we know was going to run the ball and run some more, thats bad news. When Pernell comes back thats going to add some more dimensions.

Blog Entries

I would like to see Albert back in the middle, and Jameel back at hios natural spot at OLB, rotate him along with kruger and Mcphee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I would like to see Albert back in the middle, and Jameel back at hios natural spot at OLB, rotate him along with kruger and Mcphee.
    McPhee doesn't play OLB, he plays DE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    McPhee doesn't play OLB, he plays DE.
    I know, i'm just saying a healthy rotation to rush.